[SUGGESTION] Hurry production from Domestic Adviser window

lobosan

Warlord
Hey C2C dev gang,

What do you think of being able to hurry production in the Domestic Adviser window?
This would really help in late game stages when shuffling through cities gets slower and slower.

Interesting, all along you can do it in BTS...
No skill involved.

I thought you can't do it from the domestic advisor screen but had to go into the city from the screen to do it. That is even slower than scrolling to the next city.

Just click on the city and the bottom panel will look as if you entered the city, where you can change production, hurry production, avoid growth etc.
There is a reason why domestic advisor screen is not full screen like others.

Sadly, the city focus gets almost immediately stolen by some close unit that needs an order.
I would have to re-enable end-of-turn waits for this too work which means I can't walk away when turns churn by in quiet times. I absolutely love C2C's customized unit automation - it takes away a lot of the micromanagement where I don't want it.

Also, clicking on the city name recenter the map which takes more and more time as the game progresses.

I know, this is just requesting icing on the cake. I think it's a sign of how much C2C has matured .... unless, there are more epic empire building features to come such as the awesome memory management solutions (graphic paging, view ports). :)

I'd really like that. I'd also like to be able to hurry production from the popups and to be able to ban buildings in a city for the governor so I can actually use automated production.

I'd really like that. I'd also like to be able to hurry production from the popups and to be able to ban buildings in a city for the governor so I can actually use automated production.

The first would be impossible.

The second could be done eventually... you're not the only one who'd like that - my wife and others have asked for such a feature. Just takes some work - DH is working on revamping some of the core UI programming and it may make such a thing easier at that point.

FYI: You can select multiple cities in the Domestic Adviser window using the CTRL key and then hurry them all at once. This may be nothing new but is very nice.

An automatic hurry system would be cool too ;)

It would be nice if we could have an option of hurrying several items, such as the whole queue or the first unhurried one. There do come a part of the game where the money rolling in is just so much more than what you use (when inflation over time is turned off or irrelevant), and it can be become harder and harder to use on hurrying alone, but my settings are not standard though, so it is hard to say how it is in general. The specific game I am thinking of had no inflation but 500% maintance cost, with 90+ cities by the end of industrial era.

It would be nice if we could have an option of hurrying several items, such as the whole queue or the first unhurried one. There do come a part of the game where the money rolling in is just so much more than what you use (when inflation over time is turned off or irrelevant), and it can be become harder and harder to use on hurrying alone, but my settings are not standard though, so it is hard to say how it is in general. The specific game I am thinking of had no inflation but 500% maintance cost, with 90+ cities by the end of industrial era.
You can hurry them as you assign them into the queue. Set a building, hurry it, set one to be built before that by holding ctrl and selecting the building, then hurry that one. Repeat. Repeat etc...
FYI: You can select multiple cities in the Domestic Adviser window using the CTRL key and then hurry them all at once. This may be nothing new but is very nice.

An automatic hurry system would be cool too ;)
CTRL-city select will select all cities on a continent. SHIFT- city select will select another city and add it to the list of selected cities (or remove it from the list if it's already in the selection group). Alt-city select should select all cities everywhere. IF I'm remembering this correctly. Been a while since I've managed a large enough empire to use this stuff.

I have been using that control to front and buy, but it is a rather combersome manoeuvre, since you have to go through all the motions for each single building, and those steps can have some lag when doing mass selection of cities. Also, deletion is based on position in the queue and not the item, so if you already have it in the queue for some of the cities, then you are going to have problems with getting it to the front of the queue without having to either redo a lot of work or leave mass selection.
Personally it mostly comes up for trying to mass rush buildings in new cities constructed later in the game, and for dumping lots of excess gold when maintenance have become irrelevant.
Another thing is that it would be nice to be able to add buildings that any city can construct instead of just from a specific one, when doing mass selection. It did get quite annoying that only a subset of the buildings got build when iøI used mass selection, and going through all the cities to do extra cleanup gets really annoying when you get a ton of cities.

If I remember rightly when a something gets to the head of the queue it is still checked to see if it can be built in that city. If it can't then it is removed from the queue and the next in the queue is examined. Therefore there is no need to do clean up. A building that is already built can't be built nor can one which you don't have the requirements for.

Top Bottom