D&D 3.5 Play-by-post: discussion (and possibly recruitment)

I guess I could do that... I'll start it before the week is out, that much is for sure. Let's say by Friday at the latest. I'm already working on the intro. :)

I, for one, am looking forward to this.

Nice. I take it you did that by hand? (Meaning not with map creating software or some thing like that.)

While browing around the inet for what exactly charisma ment to a character i happened to come upon http://www.roleplayingtips.com/readissue.php?number=270 and http://www.roleplayingtips.com/readissue.php?number=270 (it is a two part article). It might help you understanding what charisma actually mean and more importantly it can give you ideas for how to roleplay your character based on the stats (very high in other stats and low charisma would give either a terrible personality streak (maybe very extrimist views or other things that might turn the people off the char) or some seriously marring of the beauty (or comeliness as it is used in the article since physical beauty is used for how strong/fit a char is)). It certainly gave me some ideas for my character. And if you want to roleplay a more pleasant character you better up that charisma ;).

Nice one.

I actually recently got the game Arcanum, and while I've pretty much not played it yet, they do an interesting thing with stats. There are eight stats in all, and they're grouped into the physical stats and the mental stats. Each group had a "power", "resistance", "skill" and "attractiveness" stat. I can't remember it very well, but it was something like Strength (power), Constitution (resistance), Dexterity (skill) and Beauty (attractiveness) for physical, and Intelligence (power), Willpower (resistance), Perception (skill) and Charisma (attractiveness). I thought that was a pretty cool breakdown.

Here is my Edelay the gnome bard:

Spoiler :

Whoa dude, that initiative system you linked to makes a lot of sense. I think I'll use that too.

I noticed :p Sorry man, life happened - I was told at a moment's notice that my band was having a jam, and I couldn't pass up the opportunity, so had to stay the night at the bassist's place sans my laptop.

But I am home now so I'll get right to it. :)

EDIT: Tasslehoff, I need you to finish your character and/or reply to that PM.

So, Henrebotha, when we getting started?

I sent you and Captain2 emails, but only one of you has responded*.

*EDIT: :p

And it doesn't matter much - I've been happily developing my campaign setting while I waited.

Was I the one who responded because I haven't gotten a new mail according to my inbox

Yes. I'll resend it when I'm home in about four hours.

Question to those who fancy themselves DMs: if you were to play in a setting where Renaissance firearms (as presented in the DMG) are fairly commonplace (such that it's more likely to run into a gunman than a spiked chain-wielder), how would you adapt the Rapid Reload feat for use with these weapons? Rapid Reload, as it stands, reduces full-round actions to move actions and move actions to free actions; but firearms require a standard action.

I reasoned that one could either reduce the standard action to a move action (which is not much of a benefit), or to a once-per-round free action (which is clunky, and perhaps even a bit overpowered compared to light/hand crossbow load times).

I guess one could argue that loading a firearm, being inherently different from loading a crossbow, can't be streamlined as much. But that still leaves the problem that taking the Rapid Reload feat doesn't offer much of a benefit. Or does it?

I suppose it depends on the firearm you are talking about. I would agree that muskets don't load very fast at all so 6 seconds is a bit of a stretch, but some firearms at that time did reload pretty quickly, but they sacrificed power for speed.

Top Bottom