C2C - Transhuman Era

MMO is its own tech? Really?

Yes.Massive multiplayer Online Its the grandfather of immersion virtual worlds down the futire, and even thou its popular as Warcraft and The old republic, its a broad technology...also called Social Computing. Even thou right now its used mostly for MMORPGs it has a wide range of uses, and will continue to become more general in science, education, and collaboration.

GoToMeeting - business conferences in a virtual space
http://fold.it - solve protein folding with a group of people
7th generation game consoles - play with others around the world in a virtual world
Second life - virtual society

An MMO is an online community whose members enable its existence through taking part in membership ritual, usually in a virtual world. Examples include networked multiplayer enhanced game consoles, (playstation 3 and Xbox 360), MMORPGS, (Massively multiplayer online role-playing game),virtual academic collaboration like Folding@home, and virtual societies like Second Life. The word "multiplayer" doesnt aways refer to the moniker used in PC and game consoles.

Yes.Massive multiplayer Online Its the grandfather of immersion virtual worlds down the futire, and even thou its popular as Warcraft and The old republic, its a broad technology...also called Social Computing. Even thou right now its used mostly for MMORPGs it has a wide range of uses, and will continue to become more general in science, education, and collaboration.

GoToMeeting - business conferences in a virtual space
http://fold.it - solve protein folding with a group of people
7th generation game consoles - play with others around the world in a virtual world
Second life - virtual society

I think that it should be called something else, Online Collaboration or something, what way it is more clear that it is more general than just for games.

None of which would've existed without the grand invention of tabletop RPGs, primarily Dungeons and Dragons...

@MrAzure

Then I think other games should get a techs. Military Flight Sims lead to innovation in both the video game industry and unmanned aircraft. Likewise Sandbox/God Games could lead to better AI and Evolution Learning AI. Please make the following ...

Flight Simulators
Era: Modern
Cost: 8000
Req Techs: 3D Modeling AND Aerodynamics AND Robotics

Sandbox Games
Req Techs: 3D Modeling AND Globalization

Changed Techs ...

Unmanned Air Vehicles
Req Techs: Modern Warfare AND Communications Networks AND Flight Simulators

Virtual Reality
Req Techs: Extreme Sports AND Flight Simulators AND Sandbox Games

I add that..do you recommend anything for first person shooters?

Writing this down before i have to run to class.

Personal Note..
1. look up weapons in Ratchet and Clank games
2. create general tech for a group of them

TECH: Cyan Electromagnetic Pulse
Microturbines AND Controlled Plasma And ???
units, promotions, and buildings against UAVs and Insecta Robotics. Next generation EMPs

TECH: Metamorphosis GPS

Requires Next Generation GPS AND Insecta Robotics AND Railgun
Miniaturized Satellites are shot into space with Railguns inside an armored cocoon . When they reach the exosphere they shed the armored cocoon, and create a super grid (like 100,000 miniaturized satellites), and become operational spread out for miles to keep orbital spacecraft safe. Use quote about smartphone has more computing power than the Airforce of 1960. Tech also has satellite defence units.

TECH: A.U.R.A Command
requires Metamorphosis GPS AND Holographics AND ???
Generals control the warfare like gamers control troops in RTS games. A.U.R.A stands for Augmented Unit and Reconnaissance Analyser. Also enables promption Recon Bomb [like Scouts Bombs in Battefield 3]. Maybe a new Great General Unit...

http://ratchet.wikia.com/wiki/List_of_weapons

@MrAzure

Then I think other games should get a techs. Military Flight Sims lead to innovation in both the video game industry and unmanned aircraft. Likewise Sandbox/God Games could lead to better AI and Evolution Learning AI. Please make the following ...

Flight Simulators
Req Techs: 3D Modeling AND Aerodynamics AND Robotics

Sandbox Games
Req Techs: 3D Modeling AND Globalization

Changed Techs ...

Unmanned Air Vehicles
Req Techs: Modern Warfare AND Communications Networks AND Flight Simulators

Virtual Reality
Req Techs: Extreme Sports AND Flight Simulators AND Sandbox Games

Are you actually serious about this? I think this is going a little bit too far in the specialization area. I think a Virtual Worlds technology that covers MMORPGs would be quite sufficient.

Are you actually serious about this? I think this is going a little bit too far in the specialization area. I think a Virtual Worlds technology that covers MMORPGs would be quite sufficient.

Exactly, this seems like way too much proliferation to me.

I add that..do you recommend anything for first person shooters?

I don't know, I would think they could fall under either Sandbox or War Games like the Flight Sims.

Perhaps Flight sim should be combined into like "War Simulations" tech. Hmm. What do you think?

Well I wanted something in the early days of computer simulations. I suppose we could remove Sandbox games if you like but I think their open ended nature sets them apart from most other video games and into the realm of a prototype type tool. One where ideas can be tested and explored.

Exactly, this seems like way too much proliferation to me.

If you guys think its too specified tech then ok. I just though MMORPG was really specific too which is why I requested those.

@MrAzure

Scrap those techs then.

I don't know, I would think they could fall under either Sandbox or War Games like the Flight Sims.

Perhaps Flight sim should be combined into like "War Simulations" tech. Hmm. What do you think?

Well I wanted something in the early days of computer simulations. I suppose we could remove Sandbox games if you like but I think their open ended nature sets them apart from most other video games and into the realm of a prototype type tool. One where ideas can be tested and explored.

If you guys think its too specified tech then ok. I just though MMORPG was really specific too which is why I requested those.

@MrAzure

Scrap those techs then.

Okay i renamed Masive Multiplayer Online to Online Community.

Online Community ------------------->Virtual Society------>Virtual Worlds

I think we should add War Smiluations.

War Simulations ------------>Cyberwarfare--->Modular Armament--------------->A.U.R.A Command

War Simulations (late 1980s)
Cyberwarfare (late 1990s)
Modular Armament (early 2020s) [weapons have addons and troops have GPS]
A.U.R.A Command (mid 2030s) [AURA is to control troops like in RTS games and troops have Aumented Reality]

War simulations

AURA

War Simulations ------------>Cyberwarfare--->Modular Armament--------------->A.U.R.A Command

A.U.R.A Command (mid 2030s) [AURA is to control troops like in RTS games and troops have Aumented Reality]

War Simulations tech sound fine to me. What do the rest of you think? Too specific too?

War Simulations is a really good idea. I can see adding that as a technology, with buildings that increase Great General production and unit XP of ALL types (since you can simulate just about anything with the right technology). War Simulations could even hook into Virtual Worlds or Virtual Reality. Where is Virtual Worlds going to be? My current tech tree puts Virtual Society three-fourths of the way through the Transhuman Era, but you probably have a lot more technologies that are not added yet.

War Simulations tech sound fine to me. What do the rest of you think? Too specific too?

That is not too specific, and I think it fills a nice niche in military techs right after Modern Warfare. I think it should be required for both Unmanned Air Vehicles and (maybe) Virtual Reality. Virtual Reality could require 3D Modeling and (Extreme Sports OR War Simulations). We have Extreme Sports as a prerequisite for Biomechanical Harvesting now.

Update Transhuman Era Ingame Tech Tree (54% done)
Direct link: http://i.imgur.com/lIUPS.jpg

Too many new techs to name
Spoiler :

As you see we are getting more futuristic =)

Love that! But I have a question, do you (not really only you but generally the c2c team and not limited to transhuman era) plan making each tech individually worthwhile (by giving it some buildings, units or passive bonuses to buildings, plots etc) or will we eventually settle for having some techs just be prerequisite techs that are worth it because they enable another tech that will give something new, because of the sheer amount of new techs?

Do me a favor an use this if you have NO button to use at the time, thx. I think the pink is messing things up??

Attachments

• ReplaceMe.zip
    1.3 KB · Views: 63
  • Replace Me.jpg
    Replace Me.jpg
    3 KB · Views: 564
Love that! But I have a question, do you (not really only you but generally the c2c team and not limited to transhuman era) plan making each tech individually worthwhile (by giving it some buildings, units or passive bonuses to buildings, plots etc) or will we eventually settle for having some techs just be prerequisite techs that are worth it because they enable another tech that will give something new, because of the sheer amount of new techs?

Over time, this is the end goal..each tech should have a purpose not just be their for presentation purposes.

Do me a favor an use this if you have NO button to use at the time, thx. I think the pink is messing things up??

Willdo, umm your not supposed to be seeing pink, for all the Techs ive submitted Art has been provided..why are you seeing pinK?

doublep

Over time, this is the end goal..each tech should have a purpose not just be their for presentation purposes.

Willdo, umm your not supposed to be seeing pink, for all the Techs ive submitted Art has been provided..why are you seeing pinK?

Maybe you forgot to commit the actual button files to the core Art/Interface/Buttons/TechTree folder, as I was getting pink buttons as well. The other issue may be typos in the TechInfos.xml, those can cause problems as well.

Maybe you forgot to commit the actual button files to the core Art/Interface/Buttons/TechTree folder, as I was getting pink buttons as well. The other issue may be typos in the TechInfos.xml, those can cause problems as well.

Ooooooooooooooooooooohhhh..maybr I had to click ADD on the SVN then SVN commit..

anyways guys check your tech trees and let me know if your seeing pink..

Top Bottom