UI modifications (suggestions and discussion)

I have been wondering if we could put a maximise button on that part of the screen and when pressed bring up a much larger screen which we can do all this on. You know
- show all the filters better
- show many more than two lines of icons
- have a special don't show these buildings in this city ever again
- have cultures and heroes appear right at the top rather than in the units and wonders section​

You know, how cultures and heroes appear are all defined by what is coded in the python...
If you want to separate them from standard units or buildings it is of course doable.

P.S.
Page done :D

Barring that, I guess I would like a screen that pops up in the city screen proper that shows more than two lines at a time of stuff to build, all while keeping the ability to add stuff to the queue and filter the info like normal.
You can already choose small icons in the BUG settings so you get 3 lines instead of 2 (BUG Mod Options => General => Build/Action Icon Size => Small). I use this all the time.

I have been wondering if we could put a maximise button on that part of the screen and when pressed bring up a much larger screen which we can do all this on. You know
- show all the filters better
- show many more than two lines of icons
- have a special don't show these buildings in this city ever again
- have cultures and heroes appear right at the top rather than in the units and wonders section​
Of course, that is possible.
Separating cultures and heroes would best be done by a separate grouping added to the DLL code that does that.
The build list screen shows how a large such screen can be done.

What I would kill for is for the city screen to save the scroll bar position after you click on a building / unit. Right now it remembers if you last clicked on a unit / building / wonder and jumps to the top of that category automatically, so I'm guessing some code must already be there. I play with disabled buildings showing up so I've usually got 2 rows of units and 6-12 rows of buildings by the medieval age, and I like to queue up 10-20 buildings at once to save time, which means for the last 10 or so I have to scroll down twice each time before I can click. Probably not a huge issue with the vanilla game or other mods, but with C2C's ridiculously huge catalog of buildings it would be a big time saver.

Nevermind, just noticed this exact request was posted last week.

Was a "sell this building in all cities" button ever made for the abandon city/sell building pop-up? Or better was any automated selling of obsolete buildings ever implemented?

@AIAndy are you intending to update te c2c worldbuilder to the latest Platyping worldbuilder? Now is probably not the time as he is still making changes. I did notice that his only supports one feature on a plot. (No I have not yet added the shipwreck which is the reason I wanted multiple features on a plot.)

@AIAndy are you intending to update te c2c worldbuilder to the latest Platyping worldbuilder? Now is probably not the time as he is still making changes. I did notice that his only supports one feature on a plot. (No I have not yet added the shipwreck which is the reason I wanted multiple features on a plot.)
Probably at some point, but not yet.

But is it possible to abandon a city?
If so, how do you do it?
I could not find any button in the UI.

CTRL-A in the city. We do intend to provide a button on the city screen to do the same thing. We have the button(s) designed for this but we don't have the UI completed for it.

CTRL-A in the city. We do intend to provide a button on the city screen to do the same thing. We have the button(s) designed for this but we don't have the UI completed for it.

That's it, thank you. Yes, a button would be helpful. I must have spent half an hour clicking everywhere on the city screen before giving up.

With even more culture and with these really huge map with more than 50 cities, a very useful thing would be a screen telling wich city can build wich Culture wonders and wich Culture wonder is already built (and by who if you have enough espionnage) and which culture are lost for ever (in a destroyed city)
Like an Ethnic advisor...

Is it possible to change the size of the Screen when you discover a new Tech? It just feels so small, would look better if you could change the widht of it.

Attachments

• Civ4ScreenShot0001.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0001.JPG
    221.8 KB · Views: 79
Is it possible to change the size of the Screen when you discover a new Tech? It just feels so small, would look better if you could change the widht of it.

Yes it is. The screen we use is the default one which is designed for smaller resolutions. Someone would need to code it to work with the different resolutions. I still play with the old resolution even though I could play with the same resolution as you do.

Ok im not python coder but I used TechWindowWide.py as a template and I hope I dont mess something. Please download and unpack attached file to this directory Caveman2Cosmos\Assets\Python\Contrib\ in your BTS mod directory.

Attachments

• TechWindow.zip
    3.7 KB · Views: 65
Ok im not python coder but I used TechWindowWide.py as a template and I hope I dont mess something. Please download and unpack attached file to this directory Caveman2Cosmos\Assets\Python\Contrib\ in your BTS mod directory.

Thank you, worked just fine :)

Top Bottom