Audio Quotes

I thought, and i am sure i did say at least something about a LOWER tone, i am almost sure about that?? And your right i was looking for those quotes and i cant find them, so i just wrote that above, still looking for them and i hit enter, by mistake, but anyways, if you take this as a fable then thats up to you, i didnt mean it that way, and well darn it, i know i informed someone of the tone of voice, I thought it was you. Darn A.D.D> and meds anyways, sorry if i didnt:blush:
Darn, now i lost my train of thought again, geez . . .
Thats why i dont like long paragraphs, i get confused fast.

And NO i dont know about placeholders?? Sorry.

Hey it's 12:30am for me and my train of thought is going just fine... I feel sorry for those with a.d.d I hope they find a cure for you guys soon.

Don't feel threatened by me, Im just pointing out to you my side of the story. You have told someone else about a wanting deeper voices (I've read you saying that) but you never said it to me directly after you deleted some of my tech quotes. It's only recently I read you saying that.

Also a "place holder" simply means a temporary filler until something better is made/found. For example lets say a coder sucks at making graphics but needs to see units in a game function with the code he has written. He will make very bad looking graphics as a filler and then later hire a graphics designer to make better graphics once he has finished coding everything.

Think of it like this... Its better to have something than nothing so why not use all the audio tech quotes you have available as a place holder until something better comes along? E.g. Keep all my tech quotes and if some professional voice actor with a deep voice comes alone in a year or something then replace my tech quotes with his... But keep mine in until that happens so we at least have a placeholder ;)

Anyway that's just my and hydro's opinions, you are the leader of this mod so you make the decisions... Not me.

Good night :)

Alright, I've put in the ding to my clips, rar'ed the files, and attached them (Hopefully successfully) to this post. Each MP3 is less than 150 except Chivalry as that was a particularly large quote at 200KBS. I remember someone else posting something about a 150 limit so I hope this isn't too much of an issue. If it is, I could maybe drop the audio quality in that one.

Let me know what you think. Don't be afraid to use harsh criticisms, I won't get all whiny about it. Feedback on what you did wrong is one of the best ways to improve.

Attachments

• C2C Voice Clips by MahDryBread.rar
    524.3 KB · Views: 162
No offense 12padams but I can't stand your voice, I wish they would delete all of your quotes tbh, nothing personal just preference. I also think in this case, nothing is most definitely better.

Thanks SO for the ping. I'm going to 'play around' with Audacity in a bit too get a feel for it. While I do have the tutorial for finding and making audio clips (which is linked to in this thread) bookmarked, if you are willing to pick one for me Hydro, that would save me a little time. Thanks.

Alright, I've put in the ding to my clips, rar'ed the files, and attached them (Hopefully successfully) to this post. Each MP3 is less than 150 except Chivalry as that was a particularly large quote at 200KBS. I remember someone else posting something about a 150 limit so I hope this isn't too much of an issue. If it is, I could maybe drop the audio quality in that one.

Let me know what you think. Don't be afraid to use harsh criticisms, I won't get all whiny about it. Feedback on what you did wrong is one of the best ways to improve.

OK i went through all of them, the Smithing one is good, you do emphasize alittle more on that one only. Otherwise your voice is the same throughout the "small" quote, can you "Emphasize" alittle more, on your words, ie, make one word that is important, louder, than the others, as to in other words change the toning, makes it alot better that way, IMPO. Listen to the way Leonard Nimoy says his quote , its like a >>>>^>>> different tones helps out tremendously. If this helps out at all?:)

Still needs to be of a more baritone factor also.

Is this more like what you are looking for?

Thats alot better, (with the ding needed), that would be an OK one. At least till something better comes along.

Upside to that, its only 70ish KB in size.

Now do YOU know how to do XMLing for these quotes?

Thats alot better, (with the ding needed), that would be an OK one. At least till something better comes along.

Upside to that, its only 70ish KB in size.

Now do YOU know how to do XMLing for these quotes?

Sorry, I have no idea what XMLing is.

I'll put the ding in that clip and re-record the others and send you the new one. Just let me know if you want more or better takes of any one you aren't happy with.

@strategyonly

So are we using some of 12padams again or are they rejected due to them not being low enough? I would like to know since either way the techs need audio and we have people willing to do it. We should take advantage of this opportunity. Personally I have no problem with 12padams's quotes.

Also can you please add MahDryBread's quotes if you like them? I can look up the quotes that need to be done but I don't know how to properly add them to the mod.

@MahDryBread

I think they all sounded great! Here are some more ...

Insurance
"You don't need to pray to God any more when there are storms in the sky, but you do have to be insured." - Bertolt Brecht

Perspective
"Only the artist, not the fool, discovers that which nature hides." - Filippo Brunelleschi

Oil Painting
"No one is an artist unless he carries his picture in his head before painting it, and is sure of his method and composition." - Claude Monet

Matchlock
"History teaches that all conquerors who have allowed their subject races to carry arms have prepared their own downfall by doing so." - Adolf Hitler

Semi-Automatic Weapons
"An average Zulu is any more than a match for an average Englishman in bodily capacity. But he flees from an English boy, because he fears the boy's revolver or those who will use it for him." - Mahatma Gandhi

Automatic Weapons
"Whoever said the pen is mightier than the sword obviously never encountered automatic weapons." - Douglas MacArthur

Motorized Transportation
"The moral of the story is don't leave your keys in your car at a transportation center because people there need transportation." -Rob Lohman

Mass Transit
"Beyond highways and roads, we need more money for mass transit, intercity passenger rail and freight rail. We have a long way to go to bridge the funding gaps." - Bill Lipinski

Amphibious Warfare
"Semper Fi!" - Marine Corps Motto

Guerrilla Warfare
"In guerrilla warfare they taught us to use our weaknesses as strengths." -Edward

Many thanks in advance! :goodjob:

My full time job is actually working on my Youtube channel, Twitch channel, and doing my weekly charity streams, so I'm at home in this chair nearly all of the time. I'd be more than happy to do as many voices and as many re-takes as needed. I love this project and it would be awesome to be a part of it.

Also Hydro, last night's streem is fully viewable on Twitch, but seems to be having issues between the direct twitch uploader and Youtube. I'm going to continue to try and get it working on Youtube so it might take a day or two. If the twitch uploader fails again, I'll just upload it manually.

@strategyonly

So are we using some of 12padams again or are they rejected due to them not being low enough? I would like to know since either way the techs need audio and we have people willing to do it. We should take advantage of this opportunity. Personally I have no problem with 12padams's quotes.

Also can you please add MahDryBread's quotes if you like them? I can look up the quotes that need to be done but I don't know how to properly add them to the mod.

OK, lets use what is out there, as you say, they can be replaced, so everyone, thats does them then, DONT get teed off at me, if i replace them then, even without something that doesnt pertain, I'm just sayin', I get in certain mood swings and i do stuff out of randomus, no telling what i will do, just a warning:eek::crazyeye::p;)

But i am not putting them in this time, ok.:mischief:

btw i dont like the Ampib one, really pertain to the Navy not Marines, even though the Navy is under the Marines.(USA)

But i am not putting them in this time, ok.:mischief:

btw i dont like the Ampib one, really pertain to the Navy not Marines, even though the Navy is under the Marines.(USA)

1. Who else knows how to add them? 12padams?

2. I did not make the quote. It might have been Zappra or Afforess. Those techs are like really old.

You got that backwards, the Marines are under the Navy; and "Semper Fi" is uniquely for the Marines and does not pertain to the navy. It's a fine quote, but there could be others that are better.

Top Bottom