Fun with xml extraction

Does anything happen when you change the animal in the drop-down list? (cell with UNIT_EMU in my screenshot)

I get a spread sheed. The drop down box does not do anything. BtW I have never used macros or anything beyond the simplest bits of spread sheets.

I get a spread sheed. The drop down box does not do anything. BtW I have never used macros or anything beyond the simplest bits of spread sheets.

There's no macro, just formulas, conditional formatting to color some cells and a picture pasted over some cells. I've tried saving it in a earlier format of Excel (attached) in case it could help.

I'm not at all familiar with LibreOffice, but do you at least have a screen similar to the one in the screenshot, with the latitude/longitude, the world map and a blue area? What happens if you manually change the name of the unit or the MinLatitude/etc. just below?

Attachments

• Rwn's Spawn Map old.rar
    38.6 KB · Views: 30
The old works a bit better in that it changes the info but nothing is displayed on the map.

The map is a picture pasted over the cells, try to either delete the picture (you'll lose the precise coastline, but you'll still get the general location) or set "white" in the picture to "transparent" (there's an excel function to do that, no idea in LibreOffice). Tell me if the cells aren't colored even without the map.

The first one works now. It required me to turn on Java which I did but it did not tell me I had to exit and start again:crazyeye:

That's a bit odd, I did not use Java... I guess LibreOffice uses it to make things like drop-down menus or conditional formatting work, then. Well, glad it works now.

Very interesting thread, I have Excel 2013 and going to be analyzing some of this data

Top Bottom