multiple hurry production?

arthas125

Chieftain
i was wondering if there's a way to hurry production (with gold) several units/buildings/etc at once in the city build list, for example when i capture an enemy city i wanna be able to queue a lot of buildings and then buy them all assuming i have enough gold to do so (this way they are all ready to use next turn), it is really tedious to have to hurry one after another specially when there's so many of them

After you've hurried the unit at the top of the queue, I think you can move something else in ahead of it, and hurry that in turn. Haven't tried it with gold, but it works with captive hurries.

After you've hurried the unit at the top of the queue, I think you can move something else in ahead of it, and hurry that in turn. Haven't tried it with gold, but it works with captive hurries.

yes you can do that with gold too, you hurry one unit/building and then Ctrl click (put on top of queue) the next thing you want to hurry and then repeat, you can do this infinitely,the thing is that this gets very very tedious when you have to do the same to a LOT of buildings/units, what im wondering is if there's basically a way to do all of that at once, to hurry produce all the things in your queue list with one click

For me this sounds like exploit.

That possibility should be removed IMO

For me this sounds like exploit.

That possibility should be removed IMO

it is not an exploit, it has been on Vanilla since it was released, the difference is, that in vanilla Civ 4 you can only produce/research one thing at a time, even if you have enough tech/hammers for multiple ones, so this is basically a product of the multiple production/research option this mod has

basically when you hurry production one building/unit it acts as if you already completed it,for example, if you didn't hurry production the unit/building at the top of it, if there's an overflow of productions it will go towards the unit/building bellow the one you hurry production of, so long as there's a queue of things in your build list

what this means is that you can technically hurry production all the buildings/units you want in a single turn and have them be ready/created at the start of your next turn, note that this is ridiculous expensive so you really can't relly on this,hurrying production with gold also generates a ton of inflation, if you are not carefull your theasury will suffer a big hit because of it

i mostly use it for newly capture cities, in conjuntion with an unit that can give free culture to it ( storyteller, celebrity, etc) to take the revolt turns away so the city is ready to build right away, you can create walls/defensive structure/units in a single turn and have them be ready for the next, it is really strong but expensive as i sad before, the thing is that most of the time there is a ridiculous amount of buildings to queue up and hurry production off (specially when you are really ahead in tech) so it gets really really tedious to have to hurry production each one of them separately, if there was a way to do it all at once it would be a lot better

it is not an exploit, it has been on Vanilla since it was released, the difference is, that in vanilla Civ 4 you can only produce/research one thing at a time, even if you have enough tech/hammers for multiple ones, so this is basically a product of the multiple production/research option this mod has

It's a probably unintended effect of multiple production, and as such it's very close to overstepping "the mark". In fact, since rushing with gold (unlike with captives) completes the building(s), I am leaning towards agreeing that it's an exploit and should ideally be removed.

It's a probably unintended effect of multiple production, and as such it's very close to overstepping "the mark". In fact, since rushing with gold (unlike with captives) completes the building(s), I am leaning towards agreeing that it's an exploit and should ideally be removed.

Too much gold hurrying will bring your inflation up and can kill your gold income after a while.

Too much gold hurrying will bring your inflation up and can kill your gold income after a while.

Firstly I've been longing for a budget deficit for roughly a full era now, and if I knew something that could give me one, I'd be tempted to do it for that reason alone.

Secondly, my opinion (as stated) is that gold-hurrying multiple buildings in one city simultaneously is an exploit, whether you do it "too much" or not:p.

Heh. Lack of money is certainly not something a typical C2C game features, unless you really are trying to flush it down the drain.

Heh. Lack of money is certainly not something a typical C2C game features, unless you really are trying to flush it down the drain.

Please don't make C2C as dry as AND, :please::please::ack: !

JosEPh :)

Top Bottom