Altered Maps 3: The rise of the Basque Empire!

Status
Not open for further replies.
That was only one variable. Switzerland made the list as one of the most peaceful countries, and it's #3 in the number of guns per capita category.

It's also very strictly Neutral, and the only country in Western Europe that's not a member of either the EU or NATO. So yeah, Switzerland may have guns, but it's not going to fight many wars.

No they weren't. Katowice and Krolewska Huta cities had a german majority, at least in the beginnings, but the rural areas around them were polish. There were areas with german majority not far from the city of Bydgoszcz, but they were pretty small.

Katowice was ruled by Poland during the inter-war years... but as I said, most of the areas in the original map were very German until 1945.

It's also very strictly Neutral, and the only country in Western Europe that's not a member of either the EU or NATO. So yeah, Switzerland may have guns, but it's not going to fight many wars.

Or.. is that just what they *want* us to think.

Katowice was ruled by Poland during the inter-war years... but as I said, most of the areas in the original map were very German until 1945.

My Polish side has been living in Katowice for atleast 600 years, inside the city, not the rural areas. The city had a Silesian majority, and always had. Only germans in the city were ones who lived in the city while they worked at the mines, which is typical for the entire area,

I still think we should get lwow... If we had Lwow, i would not ask for any more territory in the east.

Oh ye of little knowledge of longass things Dachs writes. :p Here's a named version.
Sicily was independent and one nation at that time??

It is now. I wrote an alternate history timeline to make it that way.

My Polish side has been living in Katowice for atleast 600 years, inside the city, not the rural areas. The city had a Silesian majority, and always had. Only germans in the city were ones who lived in the city while they worked at the mines, which is typical for the entire area,

Cool ;) Did I say anything that contradicted this?

1/4 of German territory was given to Poland after world war 2. The low estimate is that 12 million Germans were forced to leave.

Did all 12 million show up in 1939? On the whole Silesia was just as much German as Polish. Some parts more Polish, some parts more German.

Cool ;) Did I say anything that contradicted this?

1/4 of German territory was given to Poland after world war 2. The low estimate is that 12 million Germans were forced to leave.

Did all 12 million show up in 1939? On the whole Silesia was just as much German as Polish. Some parts more Polish, some parts more German.

Notice the word Silesian. Due to it's history and rich resources it attracted a ton of German immigrants to silesia. that is why there are two dialects in silesia besides Polish, Polish Silesian and German Silesian.

The German Silesians are as Silesian as the Polish Silesians. No, that does not mean Germany is entitled to Silesia however ;)

I altered a map last night so I might as well post it here.

Red - Poland in 2009
Grey border - Poland in 1025 (just 69 years after the official Poland launch party)

Hehehe launch party. I like that. :D

You realize that you pretty much just took a Hitler-esque stance? "If only I am given XYZ, I will demand no more and be content."

:lol:

The difference though is that i'm not going to demand more. If anything, this will be a cultural reunion. Lwow has been one of the most important cities in the history of Poland, it has contributed so much. And the rest of the land is rubbish anyway, no need to have to develop some swamps and plains. Besides this is altered maps. :)

Notice the word Silesian. Due to it's history and rich resources it attracted a ton of German immigrants to silesia. that is why there are two dialects in silesia besides Polish, Polish Silesian and German Silesian.

The German Silesians are as Silesian as the Polish Silesians. No, that does not mean Germany is entitled to Silesia however ;)

German immigrants as well as Polish immigrants :D

Germany isn't entitled to Silesia anymore, the people living there decide that. But the situation was very different in the not so distant past ;)

German immigrants as well as Polish immigrants :D

Germany isn't entitled to Silesia anymore, the people living there decide that. But the situation was very different in the not so distant past ;)

Yes but poles traditionally lived in the area.

Yes but poles traditionally lived in the area.

Uh, traditionally? Traditionally in the same way that Germans traditionally lived in Silesia or Pomerania or Poland. You conquered it from the Rus'.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom