can someone explain this.....

OsmarChito

Warlord
The city I captured is producing food, and science but no production at all..can someone explain this is it a bug or what?

The city is in disorder. That's what the red broken chain icon means. It lasts for a couple turns after a city is captured - longer for larger cities. Just give it a few turns. It takes time and a lot of precious resources to put all those heads on pikes, you know!

Um, no. Disorder is a red fist. The chain signifies occupation. I'm not sure why your city doesn't have even 1 base production, but you should reassign a citizen to work that forest or hill.

Actually, that is the occupied city symbol, not the revolt symbol. You should turn on Citizen Management to verify what tiles they are working, but it looks like they are working the 2-food desert farm tile, the 3-food/1-gold oasis tile and the 3 gold luxury tile (desert wine?), with nary a hammer among them.

You should mouse hover over the food item to see how that is calculated here, but I can't make this foot to what appears on screen. From what is visible, you should be generating 9 food (2 from granary plus 3 from oasis plus 2 from desert farm plus 2 from city center tile). 9 food minus 6 food for 3 citizens, leaves 3 surplus food, minus the 75% unhappiness discount, gets you to roughly to 0.75 food, not 0.4 food. And that calculation leaves out any food multipliers from your empire (e.g., +15% from Tradition finisher and such).

The city center should be providing 2 food and 1 hammer, and it apparently is not. Did you get this city in a peace treaty? There was a bug that caused cities received in peace treaties to get no yield from their city center, but I thought that was fixed. You might post this in the Bug Reports sub-forum of General Discussions.

Actually, that is the occupied city symbol, not the revolt symbol. You should turn on Citizen Management to verify what tiles they are working, but it looks like they are working the 2-food desert farm tile, the 3-food/1-gold oasis tile and the 3 gold luxury tile (desert wine?), with nary a hammer among them.

You should mouse hover over the food item to see how that is calculated here, but I can't make this foot to what appears on screen. From what is visible, you should be generating 9 food (2 from granary plus 3 from oasis plus 2 from desert farm plus 2 from city center tile). 9 food minus 6 food for 3 citizens, leaves 3 surplus food, minus the 75% unhappiness discount, gets you to roughly to 0.75 food, not 0.4 food. And that calculation leaves out any food multipliers from your empire (e.g., +15% from Tradition finisher and such).

The city center should be providing 2 food and 1 hammer, and it apparently is not. Did you get this city in a peace treaty? There was a bug that caused cities received in peace treaties to get no yield from their city center, but I thought that was fixed. You might post this in the Bug Reports sub-forum of General Discussions.

yea I got it in a peace treaty...it's probably that bug...i'll post it in that section, thanks

Top Bottom