Moving Forward with Future DCLs, ICLs, & IDSs

I agree with Bob. To me there is no shame in replaying a map. Replaying from the start does not eliminate the difficulty of Deity much, and it's certainly nothing like reloading every time something goes wrong, which probably happens frequently on the DCL and is not declared or checked for.

I replayed DCLs 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 12, and 18. Does that make my victories somehow invalid?

I learned a lot from the both the original failure and the replay. Surely fun and learning are the point of the DCL?

I guess it depends on how you look at it. I wouldn't say those victories are invalid but completing a victory on a map without any information compared to beating a map having knowledge are apples and oranges. You can't compare them as being the same. This is why I list...Victories Finished as such a number and Replays as such a number.

Win/Loss is in a world of its own. It is like when American Football Season is in effect on the Regular Season. You play team A and lose you get a Loss on your record. You play team B and Win... you get a win on your record. You do not get to play Team A or B 7 times so you can get your Win. To achieve a plus in the Win Column you must win on your first play through hopefully with no Reloads or Knowledge. Any thing else results in a Loss. I myself am sitting at 5 Wins and 3 Losses since I have only listed games from DCL 16 China and IDS Rome 7 on up. As for now I do not list my replays because I haven't had one and therefore I do not need to list 5 Victories Finished, however, for aesthetic purposes I will be changing my player pages to look the same as every other players.

A player who plays every map as many times as they can to get a Win would have no Win/Loss Record. It would only be a Win record and W/L would be pointless. You may think W/L in general is pointless and it is starting to get more and more apparent that the whole site in general is pointless, but I took a shot and missed. No problem! I have many ideas to keep shooting but it may not be pertaining to Civ for awhile.

Edit: Due to player inactivity and interest the statistics site has been closed down until further notice!

Top Bottom