New Unique Units for all Civilizations available in BNW

daft

The fargone
Looking for as many as possible additional unique units you would like to see included in Civilization VI for any tribe already included in CIV V BNW.
Proposed units should have historical merit as well as your proposed units characteristics, including strength, movement, cost and any special abilities. Please also indicate whether it's a land, sea, air, non-combat or other unit type.
List as many units from any nation as you wish, as long as they meet the above criteria.
Having a list like this would clearly indicate to game designers what additional unique units the Players wish were included in the game (as far as unique units are concerned).

US: 1Navy Seal 2 F-14 Tomcat? 3 Blue Jacket cavalry (or riflemen)
Russia: 1 T-34 tank 2 Strelets musketman 3 Katyusha mobile rocket launcher
Rome: Praetorian
Inca: Quechua
Maya: ?
Aztec:?
Denmark: Longship Axeman(Viking)
China: Ming(era) Infantry
India: Rajput Warrior
Persia: Cataphract Horse Archer
Carthage: Numidian (spearman)
Greece: Peltast
Netherlands: Fluyt
Spain: Arquebusier? Caravel?(Portuguese?)
Poland: Ulan cavalry
Japan: 1 Ninja 2 Ronin
England: Red Coats
Germany: 1 Teutons(knights) 2 Stuka(Ju-87) dive bomber 3 U-Boat
Arabia: Mamluk Horsemen
Byzantium: Varangian Guard

These are some of the units I'd like to see included in CIVI, not added(made available) through mods but either with vanilla or in an expansion.
These on top of the existing ones from CIV of course.

I may also point out that several generic units, available to all nations in CIV would qualify as unique units, example: Gatling Gun-American UU in my opinion and Trebuchet which might as well been made as a French UU, not a generic one.

The more Unique Units(and Unique Buildings) the developers introduce in CIVI and the more generic units/buildings they replace the more flavour will be added to the game, making it more interesting and fun to play.

Yeah, this thread isn't for civ5 mods. The title could probably be better, but it's more for new units you want in the next game for civilizations in the current one.
That being said, I think America could use a pioneer unit that replaces the settler and has a bit of strength to let it hold its own against barbarian warriors.
And a return of the redcoat wouldn't hurt England, though I'm not sure what to give them.

England- Billmen, Dreadnought, English Knight (usually fought dismounted), SAS
Egypt- Khopesh swordsmen
France- Frankish Axemen, Grenadier
India - Rajput, Sepoy
Celts - Gallowglass, Highland Clansman, Highland Regiment
Austria - Landwehr
Japan - Heavy Cruiser
Spain - Jinete

Yeah, this thread isn't for civ5 mods. The title could probably be better, but it's more for new units you want in the next game for civilizations in the current one.
That being said, I think America could use a pioneer unit that replaces the settler and has a bit of strength to let it hold its own against barbarian warriors.
And a return of the redcoat wouldn't hurt England, though I'm not sure what to give them.

Pioneer unit for America, replacing settlers, with a defensive-only strength against barbarians. I like it! It could also cost less hammers than a generic settler but perhaps become available after a certain tech or policy is gained.

Settlers could be divided into more expensive but unarmed settlers which after founding a city would create a town of (for example) 2500 inhabitants(at first), and armed (perhaps colonist) settlers, with a low defensive only strength, less expensive (in hammers) to produce, but founding cities starting at size 1 000 inhabitants only.
Workers could be differentiated into farmers, miners, etc.
There should be little automatic city defence, unless there are military units present, or unless you conscript a city garrison or militia when in need, lowering your city's pop at same time, however, such a unit's strength would be half(or so) of a currently available best standard city def. military unit's strength (like archers).

Continued:
Byzantium - Bucellarii
Azteca - Eagle Warrior
England - Dreadnought, Spitfire Fighter
Carthage(Phoenicia)- Bireme
Germany - Gothic Swordsman
Iroquois - Mounted Brave

Top Bottom