The Always War Challenge #3 - Ethiopia Deity

First game, complete and utter defeat on turn 173. Tried to go 4 cities with Tradition with the hope of simply holding out for science. First 100-120 turns was fine...then Persia came in like a wrecking ball up north and trashed my two northern cities. Went downhill from there.

Knights vs Composite Bowmen did not go well. Needed some Pikemen at a minimum.

Oddly enough the surrounding CITY STATES were more of a problem than anything else -- had things like 4 Knights coming from the south from Geneva, half a dozen units from the east from Antnahkdhisd or whatever, and Florence kept trying to bother me too. That was a big reason I couldn't defend against Persia as effectively.

Could you provide your final turn picture before or after the Defeated Screen popped up? You didn't make another LP of this did you? Either way I trust that you were Defeated on Turn 173 however,a screenshot would be nice if have it. If not that is ok and it looks like you are going to replay another try?

I was wondering which tree was best before starting...

Then i realized that worker steals will be a huge pain because i can't DoW and steal on same turn. The AI always move first so he will hide workers as soon as he can see me.

So i decided to go Liberty this time.

Workers were not a problem in both of my games. I stole 6 total in my second attempt and am currently on turn 76 but I had to delete a few of them since Gold is a problem. You have a really good set up here! I think you might be the first to achieve Victory on this Series but as always, Acken could post up a win anytime now! Either way I would bet that you win this game shortly!

@Tabarnak Great game so far! What is up with Rome though? In my game (and at least several others posted so far) Rome aggressively expanded toward me and attacked with a massive army around turn 130. I can't even count how many Roman units I had to kill for the 40 or so turns before they finally took my capital (with the help of Persia). However, even if they do this in your game you can likely hold them off, particularly with the Great Wall and not having to also fend off Persia from the north and Polynesia from the west at the same time. Looks like you have a really good chance to win.

You didn't make another LP of this did you?

Technically I did but doubting I'm going to bother processing/uploading it given that I lost. Can reload turn 173 right before I die and take a screenshot, or let them capture it after hitting next turn and take a screenshot on the "YOU LOSE" screen. Don't care which.

I also technically have already done another try with a radically different strategy which also turned out horribly. Probably will try a few more times but not sure when.

Technically I did but doubting I'm going to bother processing/uploading it given that I lost. Can reload turn 173 right before I die and take a screenshot, or let them capture it after hitting next turn and take a screenshot on the "YOU LOSE" screen. Don't care which.

I also technically have already done another try with a radically different strategy which also turned out horribly. Probably will try a few more times but not sure when.

Sounds good! Whenever you get the chance to capture either of those pics and post up one will be fine!

See image. I got this.

Attachments

• 2015-02-27_00002.jpg
    2015-02-27_00002.jpg
    289.1 KB · Views: 95
Still Alive @182!
Spoiler :
I went south for one costal city,I don't know how long I am going to stay alive, going to try to get artillery but I am very late on tech.
on the bright side I am stealing a tech from Venice every 4 turn. Took Geneva and a roman city(ARRETUM) for a few turn.Money was a big issue till I finished nor.Just started rationalism.

Attachments

• WAR.jpg
    WAR.jpg
    513.6 KB · Views: 88
Top Bottom