Prince to emperor..

The problem with settling on truffles or furs is that the GP tile improvement does not connect the luxury (it will connect strategic resources). That's OK if it is your 8th or 9th instance of that luxury, but if you want or need that luxury for happiness or for trading, don't plant on the luxury.

EDIT: Ninja'd :goodjob:

I was under the impression that it does connect the luxury. Come to think of it, I did once notice that my citadel did not connect wine to my empire. So GP tile improvements connect only the strategic resources? Good to know.

In this case settling on furs or truffles would be a terrible idea, Bison and Deer would be good but you loose production because you are not able to build a camp. So you loose an early hammer and an additional gold after Economics(forested deer would be best of course since you also get the instant chop). Almost anyway you take it you lose something important. Plains and grassland that are not near a river seem best though.

Is is such a big tradeoff one apple for one hammer? Early food trade will well compensate this. That hammer may help you more, at 20 hammers that is 5% more production.

Like most things in civ, it's better to make a small increase of something that is small rather than a small increase of something that is big.

In a city producing 20food and 5hammers it's often better to get 1 more hammer than 1 more food.

Top Bottom