Ethiopia - 6000 faith and 1190+ science per turn

essetzebraman

Chieftain
Just a screenshot of a recent game I played on emperor as Ethiopia.

Does anyone have a better game or higher science per turn by that turn?? :cool:

EDIT - 1180+ science per turn, my bad :D

Attachments

• 10496171_840152649330913_2922701278125236349_o.jpg
    10496171_840152649330913_2922701278125236349_o.jpg
    370 KB · Views: 806
Welcome to the forums!

Nice job. But, yes its not hard to get higher than 1180 science per turn. 2000 would be a nice goal. Hard but achievable.

Edit: At first I thought you had 6000 faith per turn. That would be something!

On good maps you can get 40 pop in the capital by T200. And if you are Korea then 1500+ SPT by T200 is also possible. Of course sometimes other civs can reach that goal too (assuming 4-5 city tradition)

Just a screenshot of a recent game I played on emperor as Ethiopia.

Does anyone have a better game or higher science per turn by that turn?? :cool:

EDIT - 1180+ science per turn, my bad :D

Not to be rude, but I suggest you check out SSs posted by the elite players on here... Acken had a sub t200 SV somewhere, as well as really old threads by the likes of tommynt. :lol: The pros are something else.

And yet map exploration seems pretty poor for that turn number.
My guess is that this is standard speed? Or quick speed so your units have not had time to explore that much? It seems WC was founded only recently.

While 1100 bpt sub t200 is always nice (doable easily with 4 tall cities) it is hardly anything unexpected, esp. on non-deity.

The year 1850 indicates, that the game is on quick speed. By that year, you should have won already. That would be around turn 290+ on Standard Speed.

The year 1850 indicates, that the game is on quick speed. By that year, you should have won already. That would be around turn 290+ on Standard Speed.

Just, why? I mean, if we were talking about playing the game efficiently well, then you have a point, but there is no rule on the game that tells you that you must win before you reach X turn, don't forget that you play games for fun.:lol:

I think that this came to light because maybe essetzebraman is new to the forums and he doesn't have yet the idea of what are the parameters that the community had for evaluating who actually is better at this game, i mean, before I found this forum, surely I would been very impressed of myself if i somehow managed to get half of the yields of this guy, playing on the same speed, and at the same difficulty. Because I didn't have any other player to compare myself, but now that I know that for example, good players that seek for SV can reach Plastics before turn 200 in standard time phase. Well, learning that is like receiving a punch directly to your face :lol:, but actually helps you to find at what level you're standing.

Maybe he thought that he was doing an outstanding game, he was proud of that fact and created a topic to show us, so please don't be so hard with him, actually he's doing pretty well, i will like to have a faith-science based game, sounds fun.

Acken, that sounds amazing. I've been looking for guides on how to improve my play even further at this point but without any luck, do you have any tips on how to really maximize science and what the best way to do it generally is? :mischief:

And as a general response to all of you, would love some feedback on how to actually achieve that insane goal. 1000 science per turn by turn 175ish on quick speed is the best I can manage at the moment :crazyeye:

Well to be honest it's not that amazing just long and boring to make 200cities :p

For science, once you have the base down (growing, never getting unhappy, getting science buildings, scientists) it's a matter of fixing all the little things and achieving a lot of synchronisation. Making a list would be really long. You could start by practicing your opener, getting a fast NC and education is a pretty good benchmark to begin with.

Just post games if you want people to give quick tips. Or try to participate in the community games on this forum (that would be GOTM and Immortal Challenge for you). Comparable games is the best way to progress imo.

Top Bottom