Governments and Politics

Hmm, I would accept it, its a valid plan, I would revise it personally to the following merely so that we get a second city earlier however in which we can simultaneously build things.

-

Policy: Legalism > collective rule
Production queue capital: > granary > worker > settler > GL
Production queue cit 2 : found city with the settler > warrior
Science Plan: Animal husbandry > Calendar > trapping > GL philosophy.

Hmm, I would accept it, its a valid plan and could work but I would revise it personally to.

Policy: Legalism > collective rule
Production queue capital: > granary > worker > settler > GL
Production queue cit 2 : found city with the settler > warrior
Science Plan: Animal husbandry > Calendar > trapping > GL philosophy.

this one has the benefit of allowing us to simul build in the second city instead of being totally absorbed into the GL.

I'm thinking about researching the Calender then Animal Husbandry, because the only thing of use in that one for us, is locating the horses, which imo are pretty pointless when the horse units are in the end weaker than ground ones. From my experience, anyway.

As for the settler vs. Great Library argument, I will queue neither, and decide how long it will take to build both. I still think it's useless to waste so much time building Settlers before Collective Rule.

I suppose, although a single settler is not really that much time (its when you do a lot it gets wasteful). It all depends on the timing of things like policies and how long to build the GL I suppose.

As to calendar I would agree with that for the reason that we have known calendar resources nearby which we could improve and eventually a second city down south of the wheat between the river and the lake near the incense and second dye (to sell) and near Quebec would be a good spot. (incense for the worship of Ahura Mazda :worship:)

As to not queuing them that is a good idea. The decision can be made later once we have more knowledge.

-

So are you going to build the granary and queue the worker, and then decide on what to build once that is done? if so I think we have our compromise :D (this is the sort of dialogue I was looking for too)

most excellent :goodjob:

In-game Issues:
What Social Policy shall we choose?
Liberty, Queue Legalism > Collective Rule.

Decisions:
Will you accept the Sumerians and Syrians into Persepolis?
Yes.

Other Issues:
Changed Persepolis' production queue:
Granary > Worker
(aka remove Great Library from Queue)

Science queue:
Add Calender > Animal Husbandry > Trapping

ooc: Ive created a general social group for the game in the CiV section called originally enough Governments and Politics, ive invited everyone who's in-game currently, or indicated they will be playing in the future onto the social group. (and civleader ofc, we cannot forget the manager of this fine enterprise :p)

Have the various combatants in this discussion considered that post-patch the Great Library also provides a free library in the city in which it is built? This for me is a strong reason to build it soonest, as we would have even more of a tech advantage than we would have pre-patch.

I considered the fact it would give us a library, but even with that extra incentive I think that it remains better to get at the very least a worker out first before the GL considering we don't have any developed land and considering the time it may take to build.

Either way we can revisit the build order again once the granary and worker are complete and decide whether we can risk a settler after the worker, or whether it is feasible to slot in the GL considering build time, our need for expansion and our overall position within the game as far as we are aware.

ooc: I believe that we will require a strong army soon, so far we have a lot of open land that is good, i am worried though that as soon as we meet our first civ we will get an early rush so we need at least 4 warriors for defending.

So please take this in consideration in regards to your build q's, also please look at a tech que to reach Mathematics asap so we can get the Hanging Gardens as well (GL+HG = Total win)

Have the various combatants in this discussion considered that post-patch the Great Library also provides a free library in the city in which it is built? This for me is a strong reason to build it soonest, as we would have even more of a tech advantage than we would have pre-patch.

I did not know this at all. Now that I think about it, the last game I played, I didn't have to build a Library in the capital.. I never really noticed it. I think that building a Great Library after the Workers, and then building Settlers after that, followed by warriors would be a very good plan.

O great king, noblest of men, how kind are you to open the Empire to the lost peoples we have discovered and show them the right way.
However the influx of foreign peoples is stirring unrest among our own population, I suggest we mine the gold we have recently claimed and start harvesting the dyes as soon as we can predict their growing cycle. The introduction of such trinkets should mollify the people.

Hearing the speech of the politician Filli Noctus the sage Jehashuthra replied in support.

King of Kings who is blessed by Ahura Mazda and sanctified by the grace of the amesha spenta. Filli Noctus for once speaks wisely. The dyes of the forest and the gold of the hills would do much to mollify the minds of our restless people. Furthermore might I suggest in using the wealth of gold, that ornamenting and glorifying the shrines of Ahura Mazda might do much to improve your own personal standing as a defender of righteousness and as an upholder of the Persian traditions thus leading the people to rejoice and be glad at your munificence and your unending support of persian values even as you graciously welcome foreigners, thus advancing your own reputation.

On another matter I add that establishing an agricultural settlement on the plains of wheat would do much to aid the Persian empire. our population booms and the increased food production would do well to not only increase the expansion of the Persian nation and feed our people including the immigrants, but it would also increase productivity and wealth, as more of our land can come under the industrious usage of the population.

I have talked with some friends amongst the artists of Persia who in addition to creating beautiful paintings beyond compare anywhere in the known world, also produce maps from the rudimentary drawings our scouts send back. From analysis of these maps I would like to point out to His Majesty the King of Kings for whom the sun rises and sets, and our emminent politicians several good city sites

KNOWN POTENTIAL CITY SITES

1: south of the flood plains and wheat next to the lake and the Parsa rivers source to our south
2: 4 hexes west 4 hex rows north (2 steps west 4 steps northwest on coast) near the small peninsula with the dye and 2 hexs south of a deer
3: South east of the diamond deposit to the north.

I would also suggest scouting the foggy area to the north east of Persepolis and along the north side of the bay into which empties the Parsa river.

Marcus Pierce was eating his breakfast, peacefully, in his, newly bought, house when the slave came.

- "Master. I have a news of a great importance for you."
- "Contiune, Julius." Marcus replied.
- "Oh, sir. It has come to my knowledge that the King of Kings, the Omnipotent PlayPly is planning to incorporate other nations to your Civilization as a Citizens."
Marcus has chocked with the chicken he was chewing.
- "Ugh, ghr, hrrrmm. Whrrrrine"
Slave passed the wine to his master, instantly. Marcus took a sip, cleared his throat and said.
- "Prepare my outfit. I'm going to the Palace."
- "Hmm, master. You are planning to go there just like that? You know, he is the King of Kings. I think you should ask for an audience first."
- "You are right Julius. Tell the runner to come to me. I will have a message for him."
- "Yes, Master."
- "Oh, and could you, please, bring me a pen and some paper?"
- "Yes, Master. I'm doing this right away."

4 hours later

A litter, carried by 4 slaves entered the palace gates and stopped at main entrance. Slaves put the litter on the ground and Marcus has stepped out of it when the guard came.
- "How can I help you, sir?" The Guard asked.
- "My Master have an audience set up with the King." Julius replied to the the Guard. "Find someone who will lead us through the palace, quick."
- "I will to that my self." Guard replied, "The King is waiting for your Master."

At Kings audience chamber

Marcus Pierce entered Kings audience chamber alone, dressed in a white toga and carrying no weapon, as advised by his slave Julius, a skilled diploma and great adviser, caught in one of the wars by his father.

The King was sitting on his throne, so Marcus stopped in front of him, felt on his knee, and put his head down.

- "Get up citizen Marcus Pierce." The King said. "These are a different circumstances we meet in, now, and We, The King of Kings, like it much more that way."
Marcus got up.
- "What is the reason you ask for audience so hasty? Hopefully, for you, you have a good reason for delaying Kings lunch."

- "My Lord." Marcus started.
- "It was during my breakfast when a news came to me that you are planning to incorporate barbarians into Persian nation. It almost made me choke and strangle. My grandfather, my father and, after them, me, we have dedicated our lives to protect Persia from those barbaric hordes that surround us. We have spent many years and scarified many of our greatest men in wars with those, hardly to be called, people."
- "You are the greatest of Kings, the Omnipotent and Wise. I wanted to ask you to share with me the knowledge of reason for giving barbarians the rights of Civilian. Wouldn't it be better to scarify them for Ahura Mazda, instead? Or keep them for the next war to send them in front of our troops, as a cover from archers? Our nation is pure. I ask you not to destroy it by letting dogs to leave between us as equals. Slaves is what they are made for. Nothing more."

Jehashuthra just after talking to a renowned artist family about an important personal event, Jehashuthra came across outside the gates of the palace one of Persias finest warriors named Marakush Piarsa in the old tounge, although he colloquially went by the name of Marcus Pierce.

Walking up to the fellow citizen who looked irritated and asked him what he was doing.

in reply Marcus Pierce gave an agitated look and said.

"I am waiting for an audience with the King of Kings, may he live forever, to ask why he permits the barbarians place in Persia. Does he not take the sacrifice of his warriors in vain, why he should sacrifice them to Ahura Mazda's fires!"

shaking his head Jehashuthra replied

"Ah Marcus, Ahura Mazda is the wise lord, he is the best and the giver of all good things. His virtues are three; good thought, good word and good deeds. It is an act of great charity that his Majesty has done today in granting the Sumerians and syrians the privelege to recieve the gift of the asha, the divine truth of Mazda within the Persian nation. In time in the light of Ahura Mazda they shall be purified and made worthy before our Lord and stand in arms beside us in the celestial war against he who is only death.

Do not let your mind get clouded with the rage of the enemy, indeed the greatest sacrifice we can give to Ahura Mazda is to grant the barbarians our mercy and our peace and share the wisdom of Mazda so that they may become pure!"

Marcus Pierce replied

"I must implore His Majesty as to why he permitted this, this travesty to occur. I must gain answers from He who is our lord."

Jehashuthra thinking for a while replied

"Very well my friend but I ask that you remember the virtues of the Amesha Spenta and the wise Lord. For great are the virtues of Good mind and in regards to the will of the King of Kings, obedience."

With that a guard called Marcus Pierce into the palace for his audience and Jehashuthra walked off to the shrine of Ahura Mazda where he ws due for a discussion with the emminent and wise sage Zarathustra and various other associates.

Dot80 walked around the market place musing over all the lavish goods he might never own. Talking to the merchants he started to hear rumors that refugees might soon be coming to Persia. "Well as long as they aren't all fishermen I don't see why they shouldn't be allowed."

"Aye sir, though I hear some of the noblemen are getting into an uproar about it."

"Ah well, what else would you expect from spoilt, soft men as those. These refugees wouldn't affect their daily lives in the slightest, accept maybe provide some cheap labor."

The merchant smiled, "I guess we'll never understand the minds of the noblemen."

"Well when my fortune is made and I have influence I will work for the rise of the common man."

"Haha, I'll hold you to that." He chuckled.

Dot80 laughed and went back to his fishing bank.

I sat on my throne, thinking of how to respond to this Marcus Pierce, as he appears to be blind as to why I let the "barbaric" peoples into our great country.

"I chose to let these people into our lands, because they have been coming in, in great numbers too, here of the late. If I do not accept them, there will be a great deal of hatred towards our kingdom. They could very well stay here illegally, going for crime, or they could move to another nation, there, they would tell the ruler there, saying they accept them in, about how barbaric WE are. Making those nations believe we are inferior to them, which is quite the opposite."

The king of kings gave a little pause,

"Not only that, but I believe that it is what Ahura Mazda wants us to do, be friendly to all other nations, we should teach these less than civilized people the ways of Persia, and make turn them into great people, for one day, I hope they won't be considered "Syrians" or whatever we are to call them, but instead, all part of the great Persian society. For all we know, they have great culture to share with us. Now, is this reason enough?"

Dusk had descended on the city, and the men were heading in. At this time everyday they would gather and talk about their catch. Dot80 walked up ginning ear to ear.

"And what makes you so happy," said one of the men, taking a bite of some bread.

"I am to be married to the most beautiful in the realm."

"Oh who is that?"

"Sarina, the hunter's daughter," he said sitting down on the ground.

"Congratulations, when is it to be done?"

"Tomorrow... tomorrow I am to be married to a beautiful woman who will bear me many sons."

Top Bottom