State of the Union 2012- Live Commentary and Heckling.

There was a lot of pre-hype about this particular speech. Nothing really standing out about it so far.

I will be interested to see how his college funding ideas plan out.

Oooh, he's bringing up DREAM and immigration reform. This could be interesting.
EDIT: It wasn't interesting.:(

Dammit. I'm already hearing the "but he's a liar and hates America so this is all bull" rhetoric from my family. :cringe:

Start-ups do create most jobs. They also destroy most jobs.

Creative-destruction goes both ways, as Whomp likes to point out.

Dammit. I'm already hearing the "but he's a liar and hates America so this is all bull" rhetoric from my family. :cringe:
Ask them for specific instances of lying. That tends to shut people up, or at least gives you examples to shoot down.

Blech, Obama is pandering to the 'Drill, Baby, Drill' crowd.

Meh, I prefer to pick my battles. He's on energy right now and that's their "strong" point. That is, in the sense that they know so many blatant lies from various sources on his energy policies that trying to speak the truth on the matter is a waste of time.

They actually believe he's against drilling at all costs! :lol:

They actually believe he's against drilling at all costs!
Even when he just said he is opening up more areas for drilling?:crazyeye:

Meh, I prefer to pick my battles. He's on energy right now and that's their "strong" point. That is, in the sense that they know so many blatant lies from various sources on his energy policies that trying to speak the truth on the matter is a waste of time.

They actually believe he's against drilling at all costs! :lol:

There are a lot of people who have religious faith in partisan sources.

I'm pretty sure that the wind turbine guy from Michigan is partnered with my school to set up a wind turbine for electricity on the schools property. He looks really familiar.

As expected, Republicans are already criticizing everything the president might possibly say.
And Democrats about the Republican response as well.

"In other news, it is reported that the sun rises in the East."

Well, even if half of it got through Congress, it would make the President look good enough to probably get reelected. And you know the House will never go for that.

Also, lol at the milk joke.

Yeah, they'll be bailed out again. You're not fooling anyone with that line :p

On second thought, the milk joke was a bit cheesy. :D

That was a terrible joke.

This is the first time I'm accidentally staying awake for long enough to watch SOTU speech and the first time I'm listening Obama's speech.

This isn't his best is it? Or the best that SOTU have ever saw?

Top Bottom