FfH2 0.25 Changelog

new hellterrain and fire provided :p

fields of perdition

broken lands

and another new thing can be spotted on the screenshot, guess which... ;)

cant get the images to show uo in this post :/
the terrain is not perfect yet, but I dont have time to smooth the grids out.

hope you guys like it.

fields of perdition

broken lands

hope you guys like it.

clicking on the links I just get this message

Zifnab, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

SeZ redid the flames effect, the broken lands terrain and the fields of perdition terrain. He tried to link to a picture in the internal team forum. One minute and I'll get a screenshot with the new art.

In this screenshot you can see SeZ's new flame effect, Broken Lands and Fields of Perdition terrains. You can also see the puppet version of a Wraith and the Dragon Bones Unique Feature.

fields of perdition

broken lands

hope you guys like it.

seZ post borked links but he has rocking graphics ! Love it !

I like the terrain changes, but still wish that hell's oceans had been a higher priority.

maybe just some Feature that appears over the water tiles for now, like an evil haze.. thats for water tiles tho, not for rivers... maybe there shouldnt be any rivers in hell.. and maybe do something special to compensate.

btw, the Floodplain replacement doesnt seem to work.. they turn to fire since theyre on burning sands

I disagree. (with ploeperpengel, not Sureshot)

Sure they would if you have oceans as red or something, but I see no problem with blue water running into a blackish sea (the Wraith unit's Civilopedia entry already mentions that the sea in hell is BLACK), especially if you keep the coasts blue (a darker, sickly, greenish-blue mind you, perhaps covered with a thick haze, but blue nonetheless)

Anyway, you just could make rivers vanish once they are in hell. That would pretty much solve the problem (and give you another reason to want to avoid Hell terrain at all costs)

Well I'm also not that sure if two different types of oceans would work at all. There's some hardcoded stuff in the exe regarding coast, ocean, peak and hill terrain(all have bwater = 1, but especially watertiles have a lot of interaction with the gameengine that's hidden to our eyes). Someone should try maybe.

Yeah, it could be cool to have. But definitly some issues to work out. I'll put it on the want list (I know the screen looks decent but their are tiling issues and the river issue that Ploep mentioned so it probably won't be in anytime soon).

Could you make a tile "bonus" that covered the tile with the hell graphic, and had it spread along the oceans? (same thing with tiles including rivers? grassland/hell river hell/hell river etc) Seems like a stupendous amount of work but I thought I'd throw it out there, also registered just to let you all know I love your mod (more then the main game...)

Maybe, but I think I still prefer that at least some of the sea look like that civilopedia entry described it (seeing the reflection of different color stars shimmering on their surface just sounds too cool, even if it does risk looking too pretty for hell). If different parts of the sea could have different hellish graphics that would be fine. An ooze of tar might make an interesting impassible feature that sometimes spreads in hells oceans, getting ships stuck as if they were surrounded with ice. I also still like the idea of a haze covering the coasts and maybe spreading to land tiles nearby as well. It seems to fit well with the OO theme. (Apart from that Civilopedia entry, I generally feel that hell's oceans should be much more OO oriented)

So what kind of hell resources do you think that fish, clams, crabs, whales, and pearls should become?

Yeah, it could be cool to have. But definitly some issues to work out. I'll put it on the want list (I know the screen looks decent but their are tiling issues and the river issue that Ploep mentioned so it probably won't be in anytime soon).
The problem might just be the number for the layer order. Ocean has a set 60 which is quite unusual and seems to indicate some (hardcoded?) gameengine reference. Maybe playing with that number can fix the tiling issue?

I was just wondering, could you make the mouse-over display each tile's plot counter? That would solve one of the biggest problem with the lack of a watery hell (the inability to tell where hell is spreading), and would also help us know just how much of a threat hell is to our lands (and know where to move out sanctify-casting adepts/devouts)

Top Bottom