Cavaleiros Embassy & Intelligence

Provolution

Sage of Quatronia
CAVALEIROS EMBASSY AND INTELLIGENCE

This will be the main thread for handling the relations with Cavaleiros. Since we met their scouting work boat in turn 43, and we know the speed is 2 tiles per turn, we can safely deduct they are as far from the commercial valley as we are. I suspect them to be 11 tiles by land from our western warrior. The river we see will be the border, not the safe commercial powerhouse we talk about. We need a military production city there.

Their capital is Ohlo Serpentem, size 5, and they got their second city up. Most likely they will outrun us to that main river with effective workers and cheap settlers, unless we build there first. I now heavily recommend building a city on the marked desert hill by the river.

Oyzar is their intelligence man, best demographics reader around, we may declare war to hide intel, but it would not help much. Oyzar is also very aggressive on MSN, but I never gave him any for his phishing.

Team 4:

Joao of Portugal

Diplomatic Email: TeamCavaleiros@gmail.com
Main Ambassador: Oyzar
Other Contacts:

Carrack Cargo Space: 2. Can explore rival territory w/o triggering war
Feitora, Customs House with +1 commerce on water tiles
Expansive Imperialistic
Fishing and Mining

Spoiler :
THE CAST

Team Cavaleiros

1. tomicdaniel
2. PurpleTurtle
3. kendi64
4. Nimadno
5. Sync
6. Brutus2
7. Earthling
8. Niklas
9. oyzar
10. Renata
11. Empiremaker
12. mynameinc
13. Diamondeye
14. Geronimo20
15. Calis
16. Kuningas
17. Hoplosternum
18. RRRaskolnikov
19. Munro
20. TheMeInTeam
21. r_rolo1
22. oltec62
23. slaze

NATION

CAPITAL: OHLO SERPENTEM (POP 5)
CITY (POP 1)

INTELLIGENCE:

Espionage factor: 4

Demographics: Turn 51
Research : Turn 64 (Meditation turn 46, Priesthood turn 52, Monarchy turn 65)

Technologies: All basic techs + pottery and bronze working, meditation turn 46 (lacks hunting and animal husbandry)

Resources: No happy resources, 2 animals, wine nearby, no copper, horses not verified.

Identifying where "Ohlo Serpentem" can be;

I have pinpointed some key finds here, with a forecast with where they capital can be found, given their growth strategy for the capital, founded 2 turns late and with the time to send out a work boat in what we may consider a balanced, parallel map.

Bronze boxes are military resources
Violet line is the future frontier of conflict
White arrows are recommended settlements to counter cavaleiros
Red Circle is the present location of work boat.

Attachments

• turn43 Cavaleiros.JPG
    turn43 Cavaleiros.JPG
    78 KB · Views: 308
Policy recommendation:

By turn 48 , their work boat can begin to study our capital in detail. This also suggests they will spot our sheep city very early, so from a military viewpoint, we should go for the site marked by the desert hill and river, for best coverage on the new frontier.

We may also need to decide on researching Sailing (7 turns) simply to be capable of building a galley to sink their spying work boat, unless we can get rid of it via diplomacy, which is not likely. This will surely affect our 65 turn plan, which needs to be revised heavily.

Edit, we should build on the desert hill by the river, giving max overlap, as well as granting gold, wine, wheat, river and a good resource balance.

Haha, I very rarely freak out, and it is a common tactic to declare war to hide intel in many multiplayer demogames. However, we need to boil together a policy with them, suggest a peace treaty lasting to turn 100 for now, and consider research options and so on. But we need to be careful with Oyzar and his crew, very analytical and aggressive.

Yeah they are shaping up to be a powerful rival. Hopefully we can convince them to gang up with us against a weaker civ with us. Then we can do the classic backstab when the time is right ;)

But you agree on a "Mississippi Strategy"? To build three cities on hills along that river in their direction?

I think we need to prioritize the western border builds, define our western border, and optimize that, as well as hide away our development from them as long as possible. Now we dont have any reason to sacrifice Pavlodar as some requested. Pavlodar needs to be our prioritized special city for wonders and strategic builds we want to hide away from others.

Its way too soon to say on city placement. There might be a North/South mountain range separating us and putting the river squarely under our control (I think this is likely actually). We just need to explore W and see what we discover.

If my projections are accurate, you then agree that we need to mark off the river?

It's too soon for me to commit to anything just yet, I want to see how thing unfold. But I do think in general terms that we should REX along the Syr Darya up to the bronze area.

We should quickly get a letter together to send to Cavaleiros....we should aim for long term peace and tech trading partnership.

Something in the lines of if we go monarchy you can go Alphabet and we trade the techs...

Actually I was just kidding about declaring war! I was just trying to see if anyone would freak out :lol:

You rogue! I was like o_0

So we aren't at war: good.

Provo, we aren't really hiding anything from by DW, besides we want intel on them too.

We don't need to panic about this and should stick with our original strategies. They probably have a mountain range like we do, hence why they've sent their workboat anti-clockwise like we have.

We should really start counting :science: bulb costs now to see what techs they have.

If I had to pick one civ to ally with before the game started, I would pick team cav, as they have the most complimentary traits to ours. And currently we are top 2 civs.

I agree with cav it's far too early to start making decisions about where to build cities are planning where our frontline will be!

Ok, we've met someone, now we need to break the ice. Here's a proposed note to send to team Cavaleiros. This is just a quick and dirty draft. The idea is for the rest of the team (you guys) to suggest edits or revisions or completely different drafts. Hopefully soon we can all agree on what to say to them and send a note out.

Proposed note to Cavaleiros said:
Greetings and Salutations Cavaleiros!

We saw your boats in the water and we are happy to meet people from so far away. It is always so nice to have new friends. We hope all is well and we look forward to getting to know you better. We would like to exchange emissaries soon so that we may discuss matters of a common interest that we may cooperate on. Individually we are strong but together we would be even stronger. Working together would make us not only stronger but more knowledgeable as well.

We look forward to hearing back from you so that we may begin formal negotiations regarding peace, trade, etc.

Regards,
Team Kazakhstan

Thoughts?

Ok, we've met someone, now we need to break the ice. Here's a proposed note to send to team Cavaleiros. This is just a quick and dirty draft. The idea is for the rest of the team (you guys) to suggest edits or revisions or completely different drafts. Hopefully soon we can all agree on what to say to them and send a note out.

Thoughts?

Sounds perfect to me..

Btw, we should appoint an official spokesperson. I'm happy to nominate donsig

I am also fine with that proposed message.

Great openning letter, donsig. Donsig the Dipolmat has a nice ring to it. Let's get the letter to them before they send one to us.

Jeff

Sign yourself off as the 'Official Ambassador' or something like that :)

I can handle some of the communication with oyzar, as I got him on MSN, we also had those appointments prior with 2 civs for each, me and Commandobob. However, I would nominate Donsig for foreign minister, whereas I can be the ambassadorial guy handling the chats with oyzar and so on.

If everyone can agree on Donsig as our Foreign Minister (responsible for overall foreign policy), we can go ahead and send donsig diplomatic post.

Top Bottom