Gulf War Mod

I've been concentrating on updating my mods and developing the gulf war mod, so individual releases are on my list, but just not at the top of it. So far I have made around 240 unreleased units/skins. Some still need to get some bugs out though such as animation/scale size. You can understand why it might be somewhat overwhelming to try and release them now.

I'm actually working on trying to preapare for release my created landing craft.

^^ not to imporant releasing them Id say, most poeple who would use them (people with mods) usually will dig through the mod anyay:D

If you need help uploading them Id be happy to help, not sure how I can but if theres a way i would help if you please:D :lol: when your done animating mortar and Mercy I will upload them for us, as well as if you have a couple reskins, I can do my own reskins (that arent needed for mod since we will have them all covered) and release them as a pack

I got myself some uploading to do as I have been doing movies last couple days and got 200-300 done already, so pretty much all of the ones we need shall be done already

Ehh not that many people do compared to bigger mods like C2C or realism invictus, but probably the most liked part of history is modern history, so people will support a game that covers all of modern history over one that just has one small war like the gulf war. Probably one of the reason i wanted to put it in TTT: MA since itd get more support

Interesting, I myself prefer the specialized mods that focus on single conflicts such as the WWII ones. Anyways, I'm tweaking the animations of the units now. Ships/subs are new to me, so it is trial and error. Sometimes I get some difficulty with shifting the unit selection if the units are too close.

I hear that a lot of people are eager for this mod. I've been busy with a transition from school/vacation, but still working on things. I'd have to ask Dacubz on his opinion on this as well. But FYI, check the first post and you will see the unit creation progression. Movies have been made, and leaderheads are all but finalized to my knowledge. The biggest impediment probably is that there is no map yet. Dacubz is going to create a nice working mod from all the units/art.

I figure, I could try and whip up a map by this weekend. Dacubz could try working on adding all the units, etc then and release an alpha at his pleasure. I'd hate to say this again, but I still think it could be a month away for a beta.

I did release a few units recently for you Houses. My IIW Mod update is almost done updating. That is my holdup. I'm adding the units to that mod as we speak, tweaking the animations, creating buttons, etc. That actually has a lot of our work in it so we just need to trim it down for the new Gulf War Mod.

Tell us what you'd like in the mod and we'll do our best to fullfill the request.:)

I think if the beta is just all the units and plain map i dont think it will be a month, I can probably handle setting up most of the units if you upload them all for me. Probably get it done this weekend, atleast most. We could probably have a beta in a week or two as long as it dont require a complete scenario. After beta we need to complete scenario and finish units and it should be good for release

So Dacubz you'll set up the units even if we don't artwork for them yet? I'm OK with that, I think that they are 75% done anyway.

We do have air scouts for all civs, but I'm sticking to the 747 from the kuwait mod, sorry. There is an Iraqi SU-22. The spreadsheet link has all the planned units.

Working on the IIW update as we speak. give that a few more weeks. I personally like to release things as polished as I can make them. Otherwise, technically a Beta is on my PC. There is going to be literally a unique skin/unit for every/civ (even the unplayable USA) for every unit class. This includes new Great Generals. In addition, there are new unique names for any units that have divisions/brigades, etc. I've also done a lot of research and replaced names of some units with their countries equivelant and sometimes transliterated it from their language (e.g. Takavar for Iranian airborne or Jandarma for Turkish Machine Gun). Similar stuff will be in the finished Gulf War mod.

Sounds like the mod will be nice, going to definatly check it out and pick whatever i can out of it for my own mod :lol:

Id rather not put the units in w/o artwork, its just how i work, dont really like that. I can just edit the spreadsheet and change the font color or somethhing for the ones i arleady put in so we can easily keep track of what we need to add

I realized that only I have the ability to change our spreadsheet. If you have a google account/screen name/other contact, I can add you.

Bahraini F5 is done.

I'm currently working on how to upload the mod to sourgeforce.net so that we can both work on the mod at the same time and keep track of revisions using Tortoise SVN. I'll keep you posted.

Dacubz, what do you want the Mercy ship's stats to be? Probably no attack, no defense, but some medic promotions? Which ones? Should it have any cargo or other special abilities/defenses?

Any suggestions for these ship stats I came up with?
Corvette: ATTACK=20 Can see subs, carries 1 helicopter if applicable, 1 missile if applicable
Frigate: Attack=25 Can see subs, special attack vs. subs, caries 1 heli if applicable, 1 missile, if applicable.

Top Bottom