Team difficulties

Helvetius

Chieftain
Hi!

So me and a friend picked up playing this game again.

We're playing the vanilla civ 5 since we feel it's good enough all thou I'm interested in the religious expansion.

1) We're facing an issue right now that I'd like advice about.

We set up our games as teams of 2 with 1-2 enemy teams of 2. On King difficulty we have no problem at all really. However, when we go beyond that difficulty level we can hold our own on the military front but we get out-teched by the ai. Someones by one team and other other on our lvl but enough to cause frustration as we fall behind more as the game goes.

We usually try to get 3-4 cities early on as fast as happiness allows it. Then comes the problems with the 5th with space issues and happiness I find, depending on map since we tend to hold the size down on the maps and not push out huge maps with few enemies.

What's your experience about this? How do we fix not falling behind? Gear up on militry and attack? All thou then an even larger militry is needed and it would feel like we'd fall behind on buildings/tech.

2) On another note, resources. Perhaps it's ment to be completely random but when the world more or less is owned and you do not get aluminium or what ever.. but the enemy does, I guess that means I must go to war to get it. But it is somewhat annoying that it can be so very random, or that is my feeling of it.

What are your thoughts on this?

Thanks

Top Bottom