Missing a leader

Crimson13

Prince
I don't know why it happened but Genghis Khan isn't showing up for me anymore. I've tried Verifying the Cache and deleting and cache and ModUserData folders, nothing works. I have every DLC with the exception of the Scrambled Map Pack, so it's not like I don't have him.

Does anyone know why Genghis would suddenly disappear?

I read somewhere he was like this close to taking Vienna or something like that but then one of the other Khans died of a heart attack so they all rode back home to attend the council in which they would select his replacement

So somehow the DLC wasn't turned on in the Properties/DLC part from Steam. I have no clue why it would be turned off because I have no recollection of even knowing it existed 'til a while ago. He's available now.

Just reversing the situation it seems if I turn off say Shaka, I have no worries with him?

Just reversing the situation it seems if I turn off say Shaka, I have no worries with him?

Nope. you don't turn off an individual civ, you turn off DLCs

So if you wanted to turn off Shaka, you would also turn off BNW completely (including scenarios, civs, wonders, features etc.)

Genghis Khan is an individual DLC.

Spain and Inca are an individual DLC with the exception of God and Kings which also has Spain in it.

Nope. you don't turn off an individual civ, you turn off DLCs

So if you wanted to turn off Shaka, you would also turn off BNW completely (including scenarios, civs, wonders, features etc.)

Genghis Khan is an individual DLC.

Spain and Inca are an individual DLC with the exception of God and Kings which also has Spain in it.

Or use Really Advanced Setup. It let's you exclude certain Civs you don't want in a game.

I read somewhere he was like this close to taking Vienna or something like that but then one of the other Khans died of a heart attack so they all rode back home to attend the council in which they would select his replacement

Where did you get that from? Genghis wasn't close to taking Vienna. I think you're mistaking them for the Turks.

I think he meant to refer to the Mongol invasion of Hungary, which was abandoned when the Great Khan Ogedei Khan (Genghis's son) died in 1242 and the Mongol general Batu Khan (grandson of Genghis and founder of the Golden Horde) pulled his army to compete for the title of Great Khan. Some say that saved Europe from the Mongols.

Top Bottom