Pigs

It doesn't matter as long as it's accepted.

It's most likely not because of any religious objections any more than the same reason there aren't water buffalo, bison, antelope, camels or a million other types of animals. There isn't a need to represent the entire animal kingdom, and if you were going to add an animal, there's no reason why a given animal should be included just because it's a common type of livestock in the western world.

and if you were going to add an animal, there's no reason why a given animal should be included just because it's a common type of livestock in the western world.
Ducks or geese or chickens, some kind of fowl, would be a sensible addition.

I don't understand why the game would put in two domestic animals, but not three. Or why they only put in only one grain crop. Would the addition of more varied resources have put a burden on the devs? I know there are mods which add food or luxury resources, so a solution does exist. Still, I am curious about why the decision was made to limit food diversity so sharply.

Ducks or geese or chickens, some kind of fowl, would be a sensible addition.

I don't understand why the game would put in two domestic animals, but not three. Or why they only put in only one grain crop. Would the addition of more varied resources have put a burden on the devs? I know there are mods which add food or luxury resources, so a solution does exist. Still, I am curious about why the decision was made to limit food diversity so sharply.
Probably because it wouldn't add much either. Having different biomes with different animal animations would be neat, but add very little to the game, not to mention how it would screw with things like the resource diversity aspect of trade routes.

Top Bottom