Bug: F1 Screen Crashes

viper275

Playing Civ4
Description: When I enter the F1 diplomacy screen in the Industrial or Modern Age, but not in the Ancient Age, Middle Ages, or in the conquests, the game exits to my desktop with no error message. I have C3C 1.22.

Steps:
1. Load any save file that is in the Industrial or Modern Age.
2. Press F1 or click to go to the Domestic Advisor screen.

Observed Result: As I said, at this point it exits out of the game with no error messages and takes me back to my desktop.

Expected Result: I want the F1 screen to work normally without exiting and acting normal like in the Ancient or Middle Ages or in one of the Conquests.

I was using this save as one of the Industrial Age saves I was opening (for an SG.) I don't see what you can take a screenshot of since there are no errors.

Known bug. Last I saw development team said it was not reproducable.

What I found that seems to trigger it:
-- large number of cities
-- large number of units
-- F3 set with sort by unit instead of by city
-- long time between game saves.

It hasn't happened to me recently, as I made these changes:
-- moved install from standard install on XP to shared directory for all users
-- save game after each turn
-- set F3 to city, click on by unit to see count, and the change back to by city before exit
-- use CRpMapStat to see happiness, city count, jump to city instead of F1 screen.

PF

Is it supposed to happen every single time (it does for me)? I made sure F3 wasn't set by city, but it still hasn't worked (it crashes.) From what you said it sounds like you can't fix it, you can only work around it. Is that true? What you said about large amounts of cities and units is probably true, but I can't build less cities and units :twitch: ! I opened up a 5CC in the Industrial Age and the F1 screen worked fine.

How do I set it to standard install to shared directory?

Yes, there is no fix. We reported the problem, but since they "couldn't" or didn't want to duplicate problem, it was no fixed and with no further patching, it will never be fixed. All we can do is try to work around it. I was never able to reproduce it all the time, the most I could was very very frequently.

For sharing, details will be released this week when FAQ help for CRpSuite is published, or if you want pain, look up windows help on sharing.

PF

I was never able to reproduce it all the time, the most I could was very very frequently.
I haven't had problems with it until now, but now it's happened every single time (I've probably tried 10 times at least, and it hasn't worked on any of them.)

Thank you for your help, I'll look into the sharing thing.

Top Bottom