The Unit Library

I think Wyrmshadow is spying on me, how could he respond so fast on a topic he hasn't yet suscribed to :hmm:

scary

anyway, it is awkward to if Fire Fox didn't created the units, since he gave me a link of his webpage and all of his units.

than explain why than that specific unit says created by Wyrmshadow. either way, MFS or Fire Fox, he is still stealing.

Honestly, I am not very certain on who to believe, and I don't care, I'm after some units. And If I was jealous, I would be trashing aaglo, a much better creator.

what do you know something about Fire Fox, If you don't, thats alright, I'm not interragating you.
A unit can say created by x because it takes several steps to create a unit from a 3D model. Wyrmshadow is not stealing because Firefox did not give him the model. By your way of thinking every single unit created is by theft then not just Wyrmshadows. I know that Firefox does not model the aircraft he converts a flight simulator unit into a 3ds model and then creates different textures for it so that TopGun can then create different units from it representing different countries. Wyrmshadow makes his own textures also or uses ones that Ares created for him. Before you acuse someone of theft I really think you need to understand what theft involves. The bottom line is if you purchase a 3d model or acquire one through a 3d model exchange you are not stealing someones work because they provide the model as a service that you are paying for in one way or another.
Also please read my responses more carefully TopGun created a unit from a 3d model that was converted from a flightsimulator unit. I did not say TopGun did not create units. But yet Wyrmshadows units he created from 3d models you want to say are stolen.

A unit can say created by x because it takes several steps to create a unit from a 3D model. Wyrmshadow is not stealing because Firefox did not give him the model. By your way of thinking every single unit created is by theft then not just Wyrmshadows. I know that Firefox does not model the aircraft he converts a flight simulator unit into a 3ds model and then creates different textures for it so that TopGun can then create different units from it representing different countries. Wyrmshadow makes his own textures also or uses ones that Ares created for him. Before you acuse someone of theft I really think you need to understand what theft involves. The bottom line is if you purchase a 3d model or acquire one through a 3d model exchange you are not stealing someones work because they provide the model as a service that you are paying for in one way or another.
Also please read my responses more carefully TopGun created a unit from a 3d model that was converted from a flightsimulator unit. I did not say TopGun did not create units. But yet Wyrmshadows units he created from 3d models you want to say are stolen.

hmm, I can't exactly take a side in this case. well thanks for the info i guess.

but in that case, Wyrmshadow re-texturizes some of the duo's units, well at least give them some credit than, all it says is in the txt. in the download, "created by wyrmshadow".

But still, I can agree what you are saying here.

anyway, Il pm TopGun and maybe Fire Fox to get this thing straightened out.

Here I went to the site where the actual models come from here is the TOS terms of service.
By uploading your 3D model to 3D CAD Browser (3Dclub UK) catalog you agree, that all users will get the right to download and use it in accordance with this Terms of Use.
All of the downloadable 3D models available in 3D CAD Browser (3Dclub UK) catalog may be used free in your own work. 3D models may not be sold individually or provided for free to another parties.

This is why Wyrmshadow is not culpable for theft of any kind. Also btw the vast majority of the units Wyrmshadow has made came from 3d models he purchased from many other sites.

Here I went to the site where the actual models come from here is the TOS terms of service.
By uploading your 3D model to 3D CAD Browser (3Dclub UK) catalog you agree, that all users will get the right to download and use it in accordance with this Terms of Use.
All of the downloadable 3D models available in 3D CAD Browser (3Dclub UK) catalog may be used free in your own work. 3D models may not be sold individually or provided for free to another parties.

This is why Wyrmshadow is not culpable for theft of any kind. Also btw the vast majority of the units Wyrmshadow has made came from 3d models he purchased from many other sites.

so in this case, neither is responsible. just from some site by an anonymous guy.

ok, well, anyway, this conversation I really wasn't really here for, just the updates of the library, thanks for your help though.

Great units, I added a lot to my cold war mod.
but one unit link isn't working, And It would make my coldwar unit mod complete.

Anyone have the files for the MI-24 Hind gunship?
If so, you can email me them at JaredHighwind@gmail.com. Thanks !

Yes there's a problem with the link. In fact it points to page 38 of the Unit Graphics forum, and the hind isn't there. Partizanac, could you fix this ? I don't know if the unit's gone and if I have it, but I'd be happy to help if needed.

I hate to commit thread necromancy on a thread this old, but I was wondering if someone would be able to point me towards the source for the Colossus Class aircraft carriers that feature in the Cold War mods. I'm pretty sure that I saw somewhere that Wyrmshadow was the one who made the Arromanches version, but did he do the original as well, or modify someone else's model?

Any help would be ratefully recieved
Emma

Well, here you go then. All credits: Wyrmshadow.

Attachments

• HMS Colossus Class CVL.rar
    1.2 MB · Views: 254
Good to see a well maintained unit library back up and running... Great work!

Good to see a well maintained unit library back up and running... Great work!

LAB MONKEY?? :faint:

Time for another chorus of, :culture: "Welcome back, my friend, to the show that never ends ..." :culture:

:spear: ,

;)z

Not exactly pressing, but some of Bjørnlo's units link to 'nothing'. I was looking to add the Centauro (found a use for something like it in a scenario) and was sent to http://civ3files.com/cgi-bin/Civ3Files.cgi?Page=CivFiles&Section=Civ3-Units&FileID=2200.

Noticed similar problems for some of his WWII units. Now, I am aware that most of these are less than fresh, but I thought it better to bring it up in case anyone else went looking for those units.

Not exactly pressing, but some of Bjørnlo's units link to 'nothing'. I was looking to add the Centauro (found a use for something like it in a scenario) and was sent to http://civ3files.com/cgi-bin/Civ3Files.cgi?Page=CivFiles&Section=Civ3-Units&FileID=2200.

Noticed similar problems for some of his WWII units. Now, I am aware that most of these are less than fresh, but I thought it better to bring it up in case anyone else went looking for those units.

Centauro re-uploaded ;) Lemme know what else you lack.

Best,

Oz

Top Bottom