JEELEN's Scenarios & Maps

To be honest, i think that something is missing, causing i doesnt play to end...

I dont really know what thing is missing, perhaps the feeling of Reality ;)

And it took too much time to produce anything as the cities are only in 1.0 1,2,3...

EDIT. read pm of Jeelen, i can wait if he desire

Because CivGold 4.0 interest me too...

:( Sorry to hear you didn't finish your game... However, I will update the scenario - if CIV Gold 4.0 takes much longer to release, this might be quite soon!;)

PS: As Amra is currently busy upgrading his mod to BTS too, this opens up a whole new range of possibilities!

Still no sign of life from CIV Gold... so I think I'll have a go at updating 50 AD for BTS. Version 1.1 will then have the following changes:

- increase in city sizes
- extra units
- Rome starts with a GG in the East (this 'd be Vespasian)

plus anything else that comes to mind while I'm at it.*

More news by tomorrow!;)

* If I have the time, I'll also look into a Marathon version (though this definitely won't improve building times)...

So far I have the following changes:

- start date moved to 70 AD
- general increase in city size for most civs
- extra units for most civs (including barbarians)
- Rome starts with a GG in the East (i.e. Vespasian)
- Raging Barbarians enabled
- City Razing disabled.

I'm also considering a Marathon version.

I'm currently thinking about overhauling the whole scenario: changes so far, or even using Marathon speed won't change the basic fact that both Rome and China are virtually unopposed - making for rather tedious gameplay unless another civ is chosen...

Having second thoughts: with Marathon speed, keeping Vespasian as emperor-to-be, chucking one civ out and replacing this with Roman Pretenders, it might be a whole new ball-game. Starting year would then be 69/70 AD, otherwise known as the Year fo the Four Emperors (the first year of the 4 emperors, that is, as there were more to follow).

Keeping the versions already done, I'd then get a triple feature:
- 50 AD for BTS (Epic speed)
- The Year of the Four Emperors (Marathon speed)
- 70 AD for BTS (Epic speed).

I'll start on the TYotFE Marathon tomorrow!;)

:( Encountered some trouble: after finishing Roman Pretenders-civ, I accidentally ended up deleting the file while setting the Kushan State Religion to Buddhism. Will get back to you...

Horrible :eek:

Well, thx! (It was just plain stupid that I didnt make a copy before fiddling around with it again.:mad: ) It's OK though: I hope to have restored and playtested the file, getting it ready for upload some time tomorrow.;)

PS: Now it's actually a good thing there's still no news from CIV Gold...

Where i can find a simple tutorial for making a map and modify names of leaders and civs

Because i would like to create a fictive world with -Goran Empire-, -Stygia-, -Melnibonean Island- and perhaps -Kingdom of Lomar- for example...

Because i want create a interesting fictive scenario with, and why not ?, - Empire of the West- or create an little group of 7 city-states zith 6 of them vassalized by the 7th which would have 3 cities...

Can you tell how you manage to modifiy names of leaders and theirs civs names ? Step by step.... without creating file ?

And how make a description which appears when you select map ?

I will create for tomorrow a scn which will take place on alternative Earth...
With real civs but placed differently

I Will create a thread...

Hope this is helpful:

Where i can find a simple tutorial for making a map

Did you check the Maps section?

Can you tell how you manage to modifiy names of leaders and theirs civs names ? Step by step.... without creating file ?*

If you open the WBS file (gotta have a map first) with Notepad you can edit already a lot - including leadernames, civ names, State Religion, playable or minor civ, etc.

NOTE: Editing the first civ listed usually gives me trouble, so I leave that one alone.

And how make a description which appears when you select map ?

Also with Notepad, also in the WBS file (in the first 10 lines or so).

I will create for tomorrow a scn which will take place on alternative Earth...
With real civs but placed differently

I Will create a thread...

That's cool! Go right ahead!;)

* If you have a map, you have a file: a WBS file (World Builder Savegame)

Ok i will try perhaps nnot for tomorrow finally, i will learn how to make firstly...

Perhaps you should check out Song of Ice and Fire for ideas? (The last Fantasy game I played was Fall from Heaven.)

Just uploaded::goodjob:

50 AD for BTS (Expanded)

Now featuring 3 versions:

1. 50 AD for BTS (original version, starting at 55 AD)
2. 70 AD for BTS (updated version)
3. 70 AD Marathon (expanded version).

Civilizations are virtually unchanged:

1. Roman empire - Nero (50 AD) or Vespasian (70 AD versions)
2. Parthian empire
3. Kushan empire
4. Later Han empire
5. Germanic Tribes
6. Scythians
7. Celtic Tribes
8. Armenia
9. Meroë
10. Axum (50/70 AD for BTS)/Roman Pretenders (70 AD Marathon)
11. Himyarites
12. Andhra
13. Magadha
14. Southern Xiongnu
15. Northern Xiongnu
16. Dacia
17. Yamato
18. Maya

and some barbarians.

Changes

70 AD for BTS:

- increased city sizes
- added units
- City Razing disabled
- Raging Barbarians enabled.

70 AD Marathon:

- increased city sizes
- added units
- divided Roman empire between Vespasian & Roman Pretenders.
- City Razing disabled
- Raging Barbarians enabled
- set Kushan State Religion to Buddhism.

After a suggestion by Lachlan;)

Download here: http://forums.civfanatics.com/downloads.php?file&id=8498

Enjoy!:D

Historical notes:

- the Scythian civ used was actually already replaced by the semi-nomadic Sarmatians some time before 1 AD. Roman sources, however, kept referring to cross-border barbarians as "Scythians" well into the 5th century. (The Sarmatians will be included in a future update.);)
- another Scythian remnant (called the Shakas by the Indians) is represented by the 2 barb cities between Parthia and Western India (i.e. present-day Southern Pakistan).

50 AD for BTS (Expanded) has passed the 100 downloads mark!;)

Also, 1000 BC for BTS has received an A+ rating!:D

Pending release of CIV Gold 4.0 - due tomorrow - I've started on a Crusades for Esnaz edition, i.e. a special edition of The Crusades! for Esnaz's mod (v. 2, I believe).;)

Why not a Standard Earth Map with 18 civs in ancient world with only preplaced cities ? And no razing possibilities ?

The challenge should be invade Barbarians cities before themselves too advanced technologically...

These 18 Civs with only Ancient Civs of 4000 BC...
No tile should anymore to be settlable, because cities should be preplaced on all the Earth, cities can be seperated by only 1 tile or even 0 tile, why not 2 capitales per example for early wars, per compensate...

All civs start isolated and surrounded by Barbarians cities but exceptions, names of cities should be names of regions but capitals which should have the local name - for Japanese Kamakura surrounded by Hokaido and Honshu perhaps Shikoku or Okinawa all fourth Barbarians Cities...

You should take an Huge Earth Map and preplace 18 judiciously choosed civs or tribes of 4000 BC and call this SCN Test-of-Time

PS - I suggest on this Standard Map to multiplicate the whales for production and corn/wheat/rice/sheep for food or mixing the two effects with cow
If not this will be unplayable for cities with too little usable territory...

For strategic ressources is suggest to place these by utilising method for forcing a faction to have only this possibility and barbarians should be not raging because 99/100 of initial towns is barbarian...

Europe should be excedentary in horses, while Africa should be only 1-2 and Asia only for Mongohols - or proto-Mongols if you prefer

Certains continents should have the quasi-monopoly of certains ressources while certains ressources should be are over the World...

The ressources should like in real Earth, and more unbalanced for challenge...

Ouf i talked a lot, i will try to take the map of world in 4000 BC

What do you think ?

Top Bottom