CTD on cavalry death animation

ummmm........

Extremely normal.
I know I've seen this posted before, but now I can't find it. Sorry about posting it again.

Anyway, playing C3C 1.15, the game crashes to the desktop when a cavalry unit dies. If I turn off "Animate Battles," the problem is fixed, but then I have trouble keeping track of what happens during the AI turns.

I suppose I can post a save if necessary, but I'm pretty sure this has been addressed before, so if anybody remembers how to fix it, please let me know. Thanks in advance.

By the way, I'm using the 1.15 English patch off the Firaxis site, which I understand to be a full patch, meaning that I don't still need to install 1.12 or 1.13 first. Maybe I should go back and install those too?

Did you install the 1.29 patch for vanilla civ before installing conquests? That may be your answer.

Thank you for the reply.

My installation process is: vanilla Civ III, 1.29f, PTW, 1.27f, C3C, 1.15EnglishFULL off the Firaxis site. I've been told the PTW steps are unecessary, but I've gotten some weird sound glitches when I've skipped it, and it's never seemed to hurt anything before.

Anyway, I went to read about how to upload a savegame file, and when I reloaded the save with the problem to make sure I had the right one, the problem was gone. This is despite the fact that I had been able to replicate it a half dozen times yesterday. Maybe my computer just needed a good night's sleep. I dunno. At least if it ever happens again now I know how to upload a file.

Thanks again for the reply, sorry it turned out to be a waste of time.

No problemo.

I'm glad to hear your problem got solved, now you can get back to enjoying a good game of civ.:goodjob:

Top Bottom