End of Empires - N3S III

"NOTE: I accidentaly forgot to put the deal about Seis in my orders. Ah well, guess it's time for a fight. Masada PROBABLY doublecrossed me by the defensive pact with Tisesh anyway."

Direct quote, from you after the update... after Ti-Sesh had died...

I did wish you good luck, before you forgot the agreement underwhich i wished you good luck and then declared war without discussing or reconizing the fact that if you broke said agreements i had ever legitimate means of defending my interests.

I didn't IC declare war- I thought you were going to attack me.

The second bit of that seems to back my assertion, and as I have already stated you declared war on me, certainly it was OOC but that doesn’t really matter. Since then you have backed up your OOC claim with an IC attack, and that well and truly stuffs up your current damage control efforts. I don’t really need to argue this, and can’t really see the point, at no stage has anyone expressed a sympathetic view of your situation and help would seem unlikely. Reap what you sow, I need not say anymore.

Last question NK, who exactly follows my religion now?

New Seshweay, the areas of the Empire of Sesh which are still Seshweay, parts of the Arkage population (?), the Stykr, and who exactly are the Bosrttian people? Also where are some notable, even if they are small enclaves of Ancestor worshippers theres work to be done ;)

Unity pretty much lives with the Seshweay states, wherever they exist. Ancestor worship is pretty common throughout the Sesh, probably into Bahra, somewhat, into the western bits of the Trilui, among many of the barbarians, and the areas you mentioned. The Bosrttians were an ancient culture which fizzled. See Berdz for the first update.

OOC: Wouldn't it just throw a monkey rench in things if Moti finds out about countries being across the mountains and decides to go Hannibal on everything?

Shush, NPCs will do what they will do.

Well, technically I did. But for record, I THOUGHT you were going to attack, and didn't realise there had been a mistake.

Orders in:

Empire of the Sesh
Treha
Thearak
Krato
Stad Men
Acca
Hamakua
Gallat
Empire of the Trilui
Farou
Bahra
Neruss

Orders not in:

Pekorova
Palmyra
New Seshweay
Hu'ut
Ferman
Ederru

Better now. :)

Barbarians, what barbarians are those exactly? *gets out the conversion stick* and the *border expansion stick* :p

Its seems Ancestor Worship has spread quite a distance, would it be one of the more geographically diverse religions currently?

Barbarians, what barbarians are those exactly? *gets out the conversion stick* and the *border expansion stick* :p

Its seems Ancestor Worship has spread quite a distance, would it be one of the more geographically diverse religions currently?

Some barbarians in just about every direction from the Sesh.

It's one of the big three religions, insofar as the world has big ones. However, it is probably the least geographically spread of the three.

On Religion in Farou

It has been said, perhaps fairly, that the religion of the Faroun people is their ideology of freedom, their scriptures being the records of their enslavement in elder days, their rebellion and exodus from the Hu'ut, and the establishment of their nation up to the modern day.

However, this is not entirely true. While this shared history does fill many of the cultural and anthropoligical roles of religion, it is still an idealogy, not an explanation of the ways of the world.

There are a variety of different beliefs in Farou about the nature of the world. Some are borrowed from other nations, and some are homegrown. The most widespread belief is in a sun god, 'Haiao', who created humanity and life on a bare, eternal world. To this day, the sun continues to feed its creation, rising every morning and retiring every night. It creates life, and when life fades away, the dead, depending on who you ask, reincarnate like sunrise on a new day, leave to forever reside with Haiao, or disappear into oblivion.

An interesting note is that Haiao, while being enormously powerful, is neither omnipotent, omniscient or omnibenevolent. The sun holds in its metaphorical hands the lives of every being on earth, but it will not, some say cannot, go out of its way to intervene with one. Haiao sees much, but nothing of the night is known to it. Finally, the sun does not judge, it shines upon the good and the evil both. In general, it is good, feeding the world and all, but it will not dull itself to save a human dying in a scorching desert, nor will it bring light where it is needed. Haiao is eternal and unchanging, endlessly cyclic, and distantly separated from humanity.

One of the reasons that this belief is so widespread in Farou is that it affirms the Faroun ideals, that we are masters of our own destinies, and our actions are our own. It affirms that people cannot rely on a distant figure, they must rely on each other as a community. Finally, it means that there are no divine morals- the Faroun guide themselves with secular morals, typically derived from their independent, anti-authoritarian idealogies.

This faith is highly disorganized, and there are no temples to Haiao, due to the perceived separation of the divine and the physical. However, it remains quite widespread, and commonly believed throughout its homelands.

Orders Sent.

Orders in:

Empire of the Sesh
Treha
Thearak
Krato
Stad Men
Acca
Hamakua
Gallat
Empire of the Trilui
Farou
Bahra
Neruss

Orders not in:

Pekorova
Palmyra
New Seshweay
Hu'ut
Ferman
Ederru

Better now. :)

Crap I thought I had already gotten orders in. I'm gonna need to be NPCed this turn unless orders aren't due for 3 or so days. If Ferman's NPCed continue to pick on minor nations around Ferman. Instead of directly annexing some of the smaller ones set them up as vassals/servant states etc. That's of course if I'm successful.

NPC the Hu'ut this turn. Focus on economical development and beautifying the capital. I am going on summer holidays for 7 days, so I will not be able to complete orders.

as they themselves had dreamed of a restored Empire of the Sesh – under their own banner

A quote so that people know OOC that Masada is at least somewhat at fault.

General Manrid
Manrid was a social climber from Jania City. His house were minor nobility, one of the major city groups in Jania and noblemen over 2/3rds of the city's land. Most of his brothers would head for the capital to try and secure a good adoption, but Manrid was more patriotic. He joined the army, and decided to rise through the ranks.

At the Battle of the Delta, he predicted tactics as well as people from the Academy without having actually been. By the end, he had been promoted and offered a place in the Academy. Manrid declined, deciding to learn as he went along.

Manrid would come under the wing of another rising commander, Talminid. Talminid was a chariot expert, and taught Manrid how to use this crucial arm. Manrid's own natural expertise with archers and firepower, combined with this, gave him the potential to be a great general. Talminid would be the mastermind behind the attack on Tisesh, and Manrid commanded it directly.

Talminid would also lead the assault on Nikros. Determined to prove himself at least the equal of Talminid, Manrid infilitrated using a false defection ploy and assasinated the commander. A rivalry between Manrid and Talminid began from this point.

Ultimately, Manrid would outlive Talminid, constantly planning improvements to battle tactics, the academy, and so on. Unfortunately for him, court politics meant that his desired war with Bahri did not come. But as his superiors grew old, Manrid outlived them, and thanks to a little luck and a significant amount of politics he would become General.

Deliberately undermining his own chance to become King in order to avoid assasination, Manrid focused on improving the army and making it well prepared for any wars. The seperation of the Navy from the Army's formal structure disappointed him, as he wanted control of that as well.

Eventually, war with Bahri and Seshweay came. Manrid was determined to prove himself a great general...

I was going to dispute that, I never once mentioned that in my orders, no idea where NK got it from, but I do think my constant and consistant blasting of the whole notion of Kings, Empires, Monarchs, Arkage etc shows a clear intent that I never aimed for Empire.

I did suggest a Union with Ti-Sesh, if you broke the agreement with me in my orders which might account for it, but that was only mentioned in my orders in the context of negotiating friendly relations.

"Set up relations with Ti-Sesh its Seshweay, and if it’s a Republic some form of union might be possible in the next few turns" releveant section of my orders. That im my books is a Union not an Empire.

But simply put states lie, nobody can really hold them accountable.

EDIT: I never said I wasnt at fault, but your far more culpable than I am, I only had the damage control going, and you declaring war on me without first thinking through your actions didnt help your cause.

When I "declared war", I was under the delusion that you had double-crossed me, and that you were about to invade the Sesh River.

Orders in!

On Work​

Then a simple farmer asked "Tell us of work, Prophet,"

"As you ply the earth, so you ply your soul, for all work is but an expression of love, and to continue down the Path laid down to you by Oporria you must prove yourself. For in all things you must work to better oneself.

For when you pray to Oporria to help you, you must accompany this with work, for Oporria will not help those who do not seek to help themselves. As the Merchant who's wagon is stuck in the mud, he must get into the mud and push and only then will Oporria assist[1], be not afraid to attempt things new and unkown to you. For many of you complain that work is nought but to toil under the harsh sun and to feel the sweat of your brow drip down. But how can you who does not love his work, love himself? How can he continue down the path to Irralia? Work is but a part of your journey, but like the ship with no sail, you cannot arrive at your destination without work.

I have heard many of you in your dreams decry the dirtiness of the soil, the wetness of the sea and wonder how this can compare with the nobility of being a Priest, or a learned man. And I will tell you that Oporria sees you all as equal, and that there is nobility in all work, for the ploughman who carries out his work with love is nobler than the Priest who is eternally making excuses for his efforts,"

OOC: mhmm okay I suppose, but not quite what I wanted :p

Whens the update NK? cause I'm gonna keep writing these things until either the books is finished or the updates up (whereupon I will do it next update :p). I have roughly 11 more topics to cover and think about so I hope I don't spam stories that much!

The saga and epic of the Eternity and the Book of Life​
Somewhere off the islands of Ilukakadetia the people of what was to be the Palmyran race was under attack by a nation who is so old that we now have no reclection and only distant memories of what it was like. As there ships came in, and the drums of the enemies troops growing ever more powerfull it became ever more clear what was to be done. The task that must be done was the fleeing of the city like a herd of goats running away for dear life from a pack of stavring lions. The great empress spoke with a great fury and passion.

“We, the finest of all races, the one that is bringing civilization to the masses, educating and feeding the poor, and providing the opportunity for all to advance is under the constant assault of the enemy’s forces. Our homeland on which this island has lived under for so long is under the face of an invader. I thought that we could fend these dastardly foes from our shores but it has come ever more apparent that we must flee as that may be our only out from this treasonous war. See that right there people? That martyr fought with all of his strength but could not resist the constant onslaught of the blows to his face with the blunt, bloody, and rusty sword, which cut his fair, dear, skin in half. Over there I see the women and children who have been slapped with the fury of the arrows of our enemies. Their faces show only the look of horror as they see that the pain of death has tramatized them. The for people I conclude and concede that…”​

When she had spoken the last words that would, flow out of her large red lips had slid forth after she stumbled from the arrow fire puncturing her armor and her raw bone.

“We must… we must do as the great shrew from within my dreams to get off… off this island.”​

After that, when she had spoken of the commands the last of our solders came running away from the on coming men who acted with much discipline. As everyone began to flee she took out her lone dagger, and she removed it from the sheath and stabbed it into the flesh of one of their captains and then shouted

“You heard my words, go forth at once!”

As this one teenager heard of this news and saw the sheer brutality of their men slash and tear apart the citizens and civilians she screamed

“This way people! For we must make that decision that will define our belief and show if we are willing to commit to this hubris that our ancestors had made which we now have to duke out. Shall you jump off the cliff and into the rough seas and sharp rocks below you might die from the impact of our fall. This might be a display of hubris, but will truly become the biggest amount of hubris that humankind has ever committed will be the thought that we will be able to hold this place any longer. We must jump off this cliff now or never!”​

When this event had happened the major masses of citizens began to get into barrels that would crowd as many as five people and then splash! Into the water forth these men and women went. Many of them had died when they hit the sharp rocks below but the ones who could, muster the strength swam to the ships where even there these desperate people were hammered by the constant raining of the arrows. By the end of the climax of this event, there were only around one third of the people left who made the choice to jump into the barrels and off the cliffs was left and surviving. Many of them were extremely hungry and fatigued who had not had a meal for several days.

Despite all of this, the people who chose or those who could and did so survived much better than those did who remained on the island. All most all of those people were dead and had there heads put onto the pike for all to see.

The girl who moved all of the ships to the area and location of a distant sea that was to the very deep south west of the islands limits and spoke with massive cry of hope.

“So, people, we have been forced off these islands and into an exodus that will sever our ties to the island that we once knew and loved. Please don’t be completely a rye from this event for I for see a prophesy. I foresee that the lands, which will once, had built our foundations upon will once again fall into the hands of those who had origanlly owned it. I foresee not only this my fair and dear people, I see that our men and women will found an empire that will make it’s mark on history as a great and powerfull one. One tha is to be reckoned with. People think of the times ahead, put aside what had happened as a recent, think of what will happen, think for the futre of our decendents!”​
With this, the crew of all these ships, that had saved so many lives began to move forth and drift aimlessly until they could find some land where they could rest and be resupplied.

Whens the update NK? cause I'm gonna keep writing these things until either the books is finished or the updates up (whereupon I will do it next update :p). I have roughly 11 more topics to cover and think about so I hope I don't spam stories that much!

With luck, tonight. Without, tomorrow or later. :p I'm counting on luck for now.

Top Bottom