Indonesia discussion

UU: What, so I have a chance of getting march for free after my first battle? or is it just flat/rough 1? I imagine it being annoying when you have say an armoury, are trying to get to march so pick flat 1 and 2, only to recieve rough 1 for free a battle later. Argh!

There is a new achievement: As Indonesia, capture an enemy capital with a Kris Swordsman with the Enemy Blade promotion.

This tells me it could be a separate pool of promotions only this unit can get. My guess is that "Enemy Blade" is a bonus in foreign lands.

Sounds fun, to have this unique feeling to these units after 1 battle.

If you capture the relevant Indonesian cities, do you then get the luxuries? If so, it's new joint top with egypt on my list of civs to go after :). Trade with Indonsia for insane monopoly prices. Erm, no thanks, I'll just crush them and steal the monopoly!

I'd say that it's almost a certainty that you get whatever special luxury resource those cities generate. Why else would those cities be indestructible if not to preserve the existence of those luxuries?

UA: Seems odd, what will they do as an AI when you play on pangea? It's totally wasted then. Even polynesia can explore around the edges a little better. Seems a little ill thought out. However, on the right map could be very fun. Will be interesting to see what the monoply on the resources means in terms of all the new trading mechanics.

Spain UU has ability working on another continent. And a lot of civs suffer on Pangaea. The civs are balanced for average size continents/hemispheres with default settings.

There is a new achievement: As Indonesia, capture an enemy capital with a Kris Swordsman with the Enemy Blade promotion.

This tells me it could be a separate pool of promotions only this unit can get. My guess is that "Enemy Blade" is a bonus in foreign lands.

Most likely that's the initial KS promotion (marked with "?"), which later changes to a random one. In this case the achievement means you need to capture city with KS, which didn't participate in battle before.

Spain UU has ability working on another continent. And a lot of civs suffer on Pangaea. The civs are balanced for average size continents/hemispheres with default settings.

America's UA is pretty specifically designed for Pangaea maps where there is a lot of land early in the game to explore and settle. It isn't accurate to say the civs are balanced for continents, more that Firaxis isn't against making civs that fit better on different map settings.

America's UA is pretty specifically designed for Pangaea maps where there is a lot of land early in the game to explore and settle. It isn't accurate to say the civs are balanced for continents, more that Firaxis isn't against making civs that fit better on different map settings.

That's hardly an objection. I don't say there are no civs which benefit from Pangaea. I say what on continents/hemispheres civs are mostly equal in strength and changing map type could lead to some civ going worse or better.

Most likely that's the initial KS promotion (marked with "?"), which later changes to a random one. In this case the achievement means you need to capture city with KS, which didn't participate in battle before.

I haven't thought about that. Could make sense.

interesting as u are going to be able to get thos citys up and running on other contents very fast thru sending trade over to them, it wont be such a hassle to do this ( settle over seas form ur capital) annymore.

As for combat, build a few axe men at the start,tech to iron upgrade the 4-6 axemen to kriss sword men, get there unique bonus, probably something great like march or seige, then keep upgrading them to longswords and muskets. u now have bad ass muskets with some crazy promotions.i play on emp

i was interested in them before as im Australian and they are our very close neighbours, but now im chomping at the bit to see how they actualy play out

America's UA is just fine for continents though. I wouldn't say they are an out-and-out pangaea

Ya some civs are better on certain maps than others, but with the exception of highlands or great lakes with tiny lakes, there is always at least some part of the UA which is still relevant, even if not optimised in that situation. Spain still gets gold and double yield from NW's etc. However, if I play completely random and get Indonesia on pangea (one of the major map types), then there is literally nothing to work with for their UA. In this situation, I'd find the game rather boring, with nothing to realyy work towards.

Not sure if this has been brought up yet (yay for 13 pages of discussion), but how exactly does the UA define "continent"? Do the little one tile islands count for this purpose? Because if you have to settle on another "major" landmass, this UA will be very difficult to pull off in practice. Also, can all three of these cities be on the same new continent, or do you get the resource for the first three landmasses you settle?

I think the way it's described for the Conquistador is if you can't walk from the capital to the point where the unit is at, then it is a different landmass. Mountains can divide one landmass from another with that unit's requirements if I recall correctly.

What is actually the right translation Gajah Mada, mad elephant or elephant general?

I'm very happy Majapahit made it in, but I can't say I'm satisfied with the leader though, Tribhuwana would be better, IMO.For the UA I hoped it'd be some kind of religious/technological trade route bonus.

What is actually the right translation Gajah Mada, mad elephant or elephant general?

I'm very happy Majapahit made it in, but I can't say I'm satisfied with the leader though, Tribhuwana would be better, IMO.For the UA I hoped it'd be some kind of religious/technological trade route bonus.

According to Wiki.., the right one is Elephant (Gajah) General (Mada)..

Personally.., I like the concept of "Spice Islanders".. Exploring the world to find any uninhabited islands to colonize..
But.., I dissatisfied with the current UA.. Playing on the single landmass map = Fail to founding any religion as Byzantium in the first turn..
Better if they have this for the UA : :p
The first city founded on the first 3 continents each provide 2 unique Luxury Resources (and can never be razed).

Btw.., nice Ava pic you have there..
That's the emblem of the second Indonesian cities right..? :D

Indonesia sounds fun, especially on a true start location Earth map (*cough cough* ;))...you'll be able to really colonize maritime southeast Asia quickly and effectively.

Indonesia sounds fun, especially on a true start location Earth map (*cough cough* ;))...you'll be able to really colonize maritime southeast Asia quickly and effectively.

Thanks for pointing out the bright side on the UA. True-Start is my favorite way to play, and you're right that Indonesia will be a lot of fun at "home".

Gajah Mada is as good a leader as they could have chosen. Tribhuwana would have been just as good but I wouldn't say 'better'

And I was hoping for more of a trade bonus (a la Morocco or part of Portugal) with religion tied in. Especially a Morocco like UA would have made sense. But I'm happy with the UA as is to be honest. I don't play Pangaea too often so it doesn't bother me

I really hope archipelago maps are more challenging. They made strides with G&K so hopefully they do with BNW

Ehm.. Have any plan to add Indonesia in your LEM..?? :p

Top Bottom