The Immortal Challenge Lineup - Game #14 France

I played this game twice: CV and DomV.

The first time, I had to restart all over because Pacal was annoying and moved a settler way before I finished building mine, so I decided to replay and instead of early settlers built early archers and scouts to harass both Pacal and Ahmad. I forced Pacal to settle to the north and piss off Russia (which ended up poorly for Pacal), and I stole 3-4 settlers from Morocco, effectively reducing him to 1 city for the first 120 turns. With that, I did a 4-city NC and then expanded to 8 cities because my units were patroling the area for AI settlers and killed any unwanted units from the AI's. I finally made peace with Pacal and Ahmad after settling all my cities. I got Notre Dame, Louvre, and Eiffel in Paris for some role-playing. I also wanted to get to the Internet and Radar to see how much maximum tourism I could make, but Russia was running over the map and got really pissed towards the end. After she dropped a few citadel bombs on me, I just decided to bulb to Radar and finish the game with airports and faith-bought musicians, playing a concert tour during war. :p

The second time, I went Honor and slowly chewed through the AI's. I had xbows 220 turns in, and still was the first to enter Industrial era because other AI's were too crippled. Russia was so difficult to take initially (quite historical, too :lol: ) because her cities were in the hills, so I accepted a peace deal with a city, then citadel bombed her, and got a couple cannons to quickly get Moscow, while having very promoted musketeers tank the city damage.

Chateaux are decent, and the UA is nice, too. If you think about it, fully themed Louvre gives 4 bonus tourism, which becomes 8 with France UA, and then 16 with Aesthetics finisher. So you get 24 tourism from one building. That becomes 48 with hotels and airports, then 80 with Internet and NVC, I think (the Internet doubles base tourism meaning the tourism from Louvre is doubled?). With media culture, you get 106 tourism from just one building. And you get 54 tourism from just a Museum. Pretty strong for a CV.

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    315.5 KB · Views: 120
  • Untitled1.jpg
    Untitled1.jpg
    293 KB · Views: 84
  • Untitled2.jpg
    Untitled2.jpg
    260.4 KB · Views: 187
Hello,

i'm new to the forum and pretty new civ player too, trying to improve and this game was so much fun.

That was my 2nd immortal game, and wanted to go for a culture victory wich i never did, and france was the perfect reason to go for it and see how it works.

i did start with scout monument scout into 3 settlers (pretty much same city positioning than every one). played peacefully whole game, exept attila trying to fight volunteer army (first time using it and its incredible...).

That game was pretty easy but i won pretty late (T326 the internet musician finally took down the dildo) compared to others, am i just teching too slow? (T105 4city NC on this game), and i had troubles getting the louvre theming bonus cause of the attila war destroying 2 archeologist.
but i had troubles rising my tourism, had a big lack of great work of art, should i get the 3 guild in capital with the national epic and garden?
Is it worth working the wirters slot later in the game? i had no use of it, had everything i wanted as policies and the works are not that great by themselves.

At least this forum helped me a lot to improve, i'll try other immortal chalenge later.
How are you guys taking screenshots of the game? i tryed and got .TGA files... do you use paint and paste images to it or there is another way?

thx for the help and see you soon.

T327 CV

Here are the pics, hope it works fine.

Spoiler :

okay, so uploaded images doesnt works... what's up cant find a post about posting images on your forum.
any answer?

Nice game, France is very strong cultural Civ. I achieved all the requested Wonders in Paris.
Spoiler :

Did a bit of warring to trim back the culturemongers but otherwise it was largely a building programme. My cities are still small compared to the better players:- I need to work on this aspect of the game in particular.

Top Bottom