The Deity Challenge Line-up #28 - Russia

Well it is due to me usually going for the culture stuff after schools. Archeology and Refrigeration. Once I got those the great scientists + possible free techs (rat finisher) usually can get me to Internet without needing labs. The thing is... with Refrigeration and Plastics already researched there are not many techs left so building them and having to wait 8 turns before bulbing sounds like a waste of time and money.

How many GS did you have?

I spawned a few. Used one for Replaceable Parts and then bulbed 3 at the end. So that makes four.

I guess I never tried to go for Refrigeration before Plastics. Will give that a go next time.

I think that after T180 my overall science was probably higher than yours, but between say T100 and T180 you were tech-ing faster because you had Tradition and a few big cities.

I just didn't want to replay from T0, so I guess the suboptimal things I did before that is where the difference in turns comes from. I hope next time I can get even closer. ;)

I'm sure you appreciate that the competitive spirit you've evoked in me is the ultimate compliment to your skill! You still kick my ass in DomV, SV and DiploV thoroughly, though! My CS-centred play gels really well with CV. Next time I'll cut out the conquest and play Tradition and see if I can get an even better score.

Btw, what do you mean exactly by 8 turns?

Nice. I learn something from you in nearly every post. Cheers! :)

Yes, it is. Stormtrooper412 is making some cool new tweaks to it. When he's finished, I'll bring it up to date. :)

Actually, I sent it 2 days ago :) so, anything that happened in the meantime will not be reflected

Not received. Can you send it again please?

Done. I used the same destination mail as before, hit me a PM if there's still any issues

Thanks guys, please post when it is up and running. I think I'll try another one of the recent DCL's today.....crappy weather means I'm not in the water all weekend.

If anyone finds any errors in the spreadsheet, please PM me and I will fix it. The bigger it gets, the harder it is to keep fully accurate. :D

It's not just you; it's the human eye - much better suited for spotting bright stuff from dark background than the other way around.

Are y'all saying you want me to change it back?

I don't really care either way as it's still readable, I was just stating a fact.
Books, papers etc generally aren't printed black on white just by accident or purely because white paper is easier to make and comps aren't that different. It's readability/practicality/convenience issue.

Thanks for updating the spreadsheet! I would suggest adding the Civ name at the top of each page - the numbers don't mean much to me (other than DCL 9). :lol:

There is an Index page, Nige, with all of the games and civs listed. See attachment.

Top Bottom