How to counter citadel and fort spam? Without nukes?

Gunwing

Chieftain
I always lose to my brother because of this. It seems like 1/5 of his tiles are citadel or forts! I can always switch to another type of victory, but we have agreed I only can pursue domination victory while he can get every type of victory. My difficulty is king and hes chieftain. Im at a disadvantage of this. His xcom squads in citadel and forts always crush my GDRs. Can someone help me to beat him in another game?

Adopt Autocracy and unlock Lightning Warfare. Build a load of bombers/Stealth Bombers and Tanks. Unlocking Lightning Warfare lets your armor units ignore ZOC.

OR

Start the war in the Ancient Era and don't stop.

Use bombers with land promotions to kill the guys in citadels, then pillage the citadels on the same turn with a tank or something. It will take a while but eventually you will advance your troops.

Hmm the lightning warfare tactic seems interesting. He dont want to start in ancient era so I might suggest to start in modern era to instantly unlock lightning warfare right? Also does capturing cities will capture the citadels too?

Hmm the lightning warfare tactic seems interesting. He dont want to start in ancient era so I might suggest to start in modern era to instantly unlock lightning warfare right?...
Yes I think. Just be player 1 just in case he picks Autocracy.
...Also does capturing cities will capture the citadels too?
Yes

Top Bottom