Rat44 CCM - Ultimate Challenge

I have CCM installed. Put me later in the roster, so I can have some time to get a sense what to do with all these new buildings and options - slavers, etc...
You may want to visit CCM 101: A Primer. This thread attempts to break down most of the major differences between C3C and CCM into small, bite-sized chunks.

ThERat wrote CCM - An introduction to a great mod, where he plays a full game as Canada, explaining the Mod as he plays.

This was the first SG on CCM, Rat 40 - Introduction to CCM.

Ok, my computer problems are solved, I can join the Roster right away.

It would be great to have the new terrain.

As wanted, I add temporaly the new terrain file used in the next version of CCM. It´s a mixture of RickFGS water and desert terrain, Ronning´s grassland terrain, Balthasar´s plains, Ares` mountains, hills and forests and Racc00n´s marsh terrain. You should rename the terrain folder in the CCM\art-folder to terrain-old (or something like that) and than unzip the new terrain file into the CCM\art-folder.

The terrain file can be found under the same link as the new interface graphics (see post 617 of this thread).

BtW, it´s interesting to see your hints for newcomers to CCM. :) For the enslaver, I still use that unit to cripple the AI workers (and settlers) whereever possible, even if this happens "far away from home". So these slaves mostly cannot achieve to come to your "homecountry" they can be very good "auxiliary" scouts, as they can move over terrain, that is not allowed for a lot of other units (like mountains or marsh per example). If the danger becomes too great to be killed or captured by another unit (mostly enslavers), I disband that slave - but i´m not a master player. :D

And especially for the new player LKendter: Here you can find biq 1.7.1: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showpost.php?p=10126848&postcount=26. Good luck to you and of course to all other players. :)

@TheRat - when are we going to open the official Rat45 thread?

@TheRat - when are we going to open the official Rat45 thread?

I'll do that in the next hour or so. I may need that time to reconcile everyone's roster preferences--it's a game in itself, Rubik's Cube. :lol:

Civinator, I've downloaded the great-looking new graphics--many thanks. You won't see them in the first set of screenshots because I've already played, but soon enough. :)

Am I right to think that every player who wants to use the new graphics will have to download them independently?

For the enslaver, I still use that unit to cripple the AI workers (and settlers) whereever possible, even if this happens "far away from home". So these slaves mostly cannot achieve to come to your "homecountry" they can be very good "auxiliary" scouts, as they can move over terrain, that is not allowed for a lot of other units (like mountains or marsh per example). If the danger becomes too great to be killed or captured by another unit (mostly enslavers), I disband that slave - but i´m not a master player. :D

That's an interesting idea about using slaves as auxiliary scouts. Since we play so aggressively (except perhaps in the upcoming game), we've become less and less interested in damaging our early neighbours with blows against their settlers and workers--we want them to have the full number of well-developed cities for us to conquer. :evil:

Top Bottom