Term II - Commune of Foreign Affairs

How about this time we start off by just making individual trades rather than a long term tech alliance?

So with out writing, alphabet, currency or paper the only thing we can trade are cities and Christmas cheer. :crazyeye:

That's what I ment, Christmas beer

Resources?

And what exactly is our deal with BAT? A one time tech exchange (which techs?) or more?

...and resources. I ment that too, although a trade route will probably take a while on this map.

We have made a tech alliance with BAT that they will get Alphabet and we will get Iron Working then exchange them somehow. We are still trying to decide if we just exchange all our techs and stick together 'till the end or swap with equal beakers and be able to walk away if we find some one better.

Thanks for the replies. I was under the impression that it was more than just a tech swap.

So let's compare research. We discovered Agri (89), Sailing (149), Mining (74), BW (179), and a good portion of IW (about 250 I guess): total is about 740.

It looks like BAT researched Poly (149), Mining (74), BW (179), AH (149) or Wheel & Pottery (89+119), and is working on Writing (179): total is about 730 or 790, depending on which path they took.

To really do this right, I think you have to calculate the discounts you get for knowing prereq techs, but at least it seems possible that they still haven't finished writing, especially if they researched another tech somewhere.

I think it would be nice to find out what BAT has researched, if only because we need to decide what to research next. And of course we should hammer out exactly what the tech deal involves. It seem we can only supply IW and Agri at this point. The value of their techs (say, AH + Writing + Alpha) would be much higher. OTOH, we should get the better deal because they are "blocking" the worker techs to us.

I was under the impression of the same thing, however I do agree we should stick to one deal tech swapping as of now. I'll get the list if I can and I will probably cough up the same.

I do think they are going for writing to get open borders first so they can reach COG.

W00T

Dear croxis, dear thunderfalls!

Yes, our team wishes to continue discussions via email at this moment.

Regarding the technology trade, we can tell you that we want to research into the direction of iron working. Maybe this information will help you with your internal discussions.

We are hoping to hear from you soon.

With best regards,

bratscher, ambassador of the Nibelungen

Its late and I don't remember, but we have IW right? Yo prez and domestic and you guyz, come up with a list of techs you are most interested in. No no nukes are too far down the road.

mysticism and pottery perhaps?

I think we can tell them that we almost have IW, and that it would be more beneficial if they researched something else.

Can we send them on the path to monarchy? I would rather research pottery ourselves, for cottages and granaries. Waiting for BAT to get Alpha will take very long it seems, and I would not like to wait for that.

That's true, BAT is realy thaking a lot of time to research Alphabet, maybe we could ask them to do Metal Casting? Or head for Feudalism?

Bloody A, I responded to every one of their emails

Hi,

We are really confused by your proposition. After 2messages without any answer, we did not expect any more contact from your civilization. Consequently, before taking the internal decision to come to a new meeting, our team members would like to know more precisely your situation and your position about our cooperation.

Holocanthe for BAT

Hmm, apologise for any confusion caused from lack of e-mail, send them the e-mails we recieved and the replies for them in a word package or something similar.

Explain to them we should be getting iron working in the upcoming turns as well as a new city and that we will be expecting alphabet soon or at the very least writing (in a nice way of course) :)

This is silly... why didn't they mention this issue in one of their messages then? Anyway, it is not something to get so upset about, it sounds like they don't (want to) trust us and are looking for a reason to get out of the tech deal.

Factually, all I could find is that:
1) BAT is sending us messages from various accounts, this is very confusing. Do they have a specific account where we should send our replies?
2) Apparently our Oct 30 message to them bounced, and on Nov 10 we sent a message to someone at BAT rather than to their team email. Also, we are getting a lot of out-of-office replies from them. This is hardly our fault...

I think we could simply reply that we are not aware of unanswered emails, and that we always stick to our deals. We simply want to know where they stand research-wise, that's all.

Top Bottom