Term 3. Welcome to the Foreign Ministry.

Well, you'll need to think of a retort when they complain about a no-entering open borders. "We don't want your slimey explorers in out territory" can only get us so far.

If they don't ask about our techs, I say don't tell them. Only do so if we want to know theirs.

they already told us in chat, CH had to check with us to see if he could tell iirc- this is pretty much a follow up

also they now have all the techs we had on them so we cant do any deals however CH you could start making trades for metal casting in 16 turns (we should get it in about 12- will be enough time to chop forge start on colossus build) on the condition they dont trade it elsewhere we definatly want as much as we can get from it.

RM...I think you need to start on a note to the other civs about our attack. This should be sent with teh attack save. I posted this in the presidents thread.

Either..just a official diplomatic notice of our intentions. Include things like they were really close to our capital and we felt threathened. It may go far in either delaying the other civs from helping them or attacking us. We also dont want to start appearing as the aggressor. IT will also throw a bit of distrust in the minds of civs with other close neighbors. We may end up starting a few other civs on plans of removing there closest neighbors.

How does this sound?
Dear EVG/StG
We do agree to have an Open Board agreement with your team, but we are going to set a limit on what each team can do. Since both teams are now connected to the trade route it would be good just to open boarders just for the trading possibilities, but we do not want any troops to enter into each others territory.

Regards, classical_hero CFC Foreign Minister

Feel free to make changes to this note.

sounds good...

I think ask instead of tell:
"We would like to set a limit on what..." instead of
"We are going to set..."
Perhaps:
Dear EVG/StG
We agree to have an Open Border agreement with your team, but we would like to set a limit on what each team can do. Since both teams are now connected to the trade route it would be good to open borders for trading possibilities, but we would like to add that permission must be granted for any unit to enter foreign borders.

We feel that this would mutually benefit both of our economies, while maintaining secure borders, but we hope in the future to develop a more open and prosperous relationship with EVG.

Regards, classical_hero CFC Foreign Minister

.. or something...

I'd prefer limiting their presence to 1 unit in our borders at a time, rather than simply asking for permission. It sounds a lot less controlling on what they can do.

But then they can just move a unit in now scout out our borders and close them again, we can deny them permission this way until we've found there land.

This is their reply.
Dear CFC,

Thank you for accepting the Open Borders agreement. However, as you can quite clearly see, our Scout has come to a dead end if he cannot travel through your borders, and thus we would appreciate being able to move on through. :)

Awaiting your (hopefully) quick response.

Regards,
Emperor of EVG

LEt him pass but ask them for directions to their lands.

Top Bottom