President thread- Term 3

Azeltrof(6)- galley complete axe in 3
Fever River(3)- growth in 2, rax in 3
BCLGland(2)- growth in 5, lib complete workboat up
Victory(1)- growth in 13 lib in 81

I chopped a forest around azelatrof, it was pre chopped for colossus but i figure we may as well use one of them for the galley, it has decreased time for war by two turns.

Also spent two pop whipping library in BCLGland, workboat following it should be done in 12 turns.

I also sent this to GCA
message said:
Greetings

As you were worried about the military presence in the city victory i have used my presidential powers to remove one of the axemen from the city in an attempt to encourage peace and prosperity between our two nations, if we could begin discussions on the trade of metal casting shortly that would be very much appreciated also.

Kind Regards
BCLG

gives us an excuse for pulling troops back, looks friendly etc.

No pictures as there is no change from before.

It looks good on the war front. Also it seems that we are the only team with copper so it is still a chance that we can get the Colossus while we are still at war. I think it might be best for us to take along a few Spearmen so that our axemen ar defended against possible chariot attack.

chariot attack in vanilla is not what it is in warlords, i.e. you dont get the 100% attack bonus. I do agree though so if chance we can get hunting from a tech trade we can maybe build one/two.

Indeed, everything looks relatively smooth thusfar, and we seem to have sated GCA, at least for now. I'd keep a wary eye however, as they most likely still don't trust us or are planning something.

550BC

Azeltrof(6)- axe in 2
Fever River(3)- growth in 1, rax in 2
BCLGland(2)- growth in 4, workboat in 11
Victory(1)- growth in 12 lib in 80

MC in 6

Really not much else to know, in a few turns we should have our second source of copper mined and have some cows done but other than that it seems fairly plain sailing.

Our scouting warrior ive discovered a use for- he can pillage the roads they have to connect their cities which are not within the cultural distance.

525BC

Azeltrof(6)- axe in 1
Fever River(4)- growth in 7, rax complete-axe in 4
BCLGland(2)- growth in 3, workboat in 10
Victory(1)- growth in 11 lib in 79

MC in 5

Other than that not much new, am really tempted to build another galley now fever river can pump out an axe to help. Right now we could declare in about 8 turns, if we waited it'd be about 12. Thoughts everyone?

I do like the idea of another galley... it gives a little more flexibility in case the situation goes... err... changes.

galley...very helpful. 4 turns wont make or break this war.

Galley for now, but if it seems we'll need to cut time short or our window gets smaller, we can drop it and charge in spears blazing. ;)

500BC

Azeltrof(6)- axe complete, galley started
Fever River(4)- growth in 6, axe in 3
BCLGland(2)- growth in 2, workboat in 9
Victory(1)- growth in 10 lib in 78

MC in 4

No pictures because still isnt really much to see :)

.... Ch war was decided quite awhile ago now, we're going to war in about 10 turns i think at last reckoning.

We shouldnt wait till forges because they dont actually benefit that much its only 25% extra, and building a fourth city right now wouldnt be a production city at all as there isnt any good land so wouldnt really be able to help with production. Soon we'll have our mini GP farm up and running though :)

and aye graphics are quite amazing, nothing of course stopping the UN fella from opening up the save and posting a few ;)

ill try and do a couple next save :)

475BC

Azeltrof(6)- galley in 2
Fever River(4)- growth in 24, axe in 1
BCLGland(2)- growth in 1, workboat in 8
Victory(1)- growth in 9 lib in 77

MC in 3

Right, so we need, 3 axes and 1 more galley

which is pretty much 9 turns therefore until our decleration of war, including movement, which will take 3 turns from the capital to get there, 5 turns to build the remaining necessities. Then on the ninth turn DoW.

Current scouting of EVG- it was them that built the pyramids.

Demographics

We're so far behind in some of them numbers because we ignored early expansion in favour of military attacking someone, i think we have a very good chance of our attack on GCA succeding, or at least causing them a lot of damage and us razing their capital.

Current empire, after building these axes and galleys i figure we should keep one of our two good cities on production and the other crank out a settler.

We have a border exp in BCLGland next turn also along with a pop growth so we should be getting that GP farm set up fairly soon.

Power graph

GCA have had recent boosts but what with all their tech trading it is not surprising they're so far ahead of us, I did the math on their expected levels with the techs i expect they have.

They're leading power with 87,000 troops
cities=10k
Tech= 40k
So thats 50k so far
4*rax=16k
That leaves 11k left over for troops, we know they have at least one archer and three warriors.
That is 6k left unnacounted for, as yet they have horse connected but no horseback riding, they dont have a metal. Chariots don't have the 100% bonus vs axes they don in warlords. More than likely they have another 2 warriors in each of their other cities.

This leaves 4k wandering around, i wouldnt be surprised if they had a galley, theres 2k worth of troops- most thats another archer.

Hope my very crap explanation helps clear that up for everyone :)

COG also appears to have troop buildup from the power graph since they have had a steady power rise and don't have a score which suggests high population.

Top Bottom