Tell GCA how you really feel!

Which diplomatic response would you like to see?

Votes: 1 14.3%

Votes: 1 14.3%

Votes: 3 42.9%
  • Other (specify)

Votes: 2 28.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Nylan

Characters Welcome
What should be our diplomatic response to GCA in regards to war? This is their message:

History repeats itself. Once again a neighbor shows its true colors and breaks every treaty ever signed and betrays any trust ever built.

Since we are somewhat advanced compared to your people, maybe you are interested in stopping the bloodshed to work out a reasonable resolution of this conflict before it escalates.
We will react appropriatly and refocus our efforts now. We will not tolerate this invasion.

GCA

The candidates are:

#1 Classical Hero:

Dear Catcherites,
What treaty did we ever have with you? I do not know of any treaty. The matter of this is that only three out of the seven teams have to advance and we choose your team, since it is our closest team and we saw that the boarders would clash and thus we had to do something about it. It is just the nature of the beast. You were just in the wrong place for this to happen. Things cannot go the way that you always want and one thing about these types of games is that anything can happen.

So long and good luck. From team CFC.

#2 Nylan (with additions by azzaman):

"We're sorry, we can't come to the phone right now. We're currently razing your cities and slaughtering your women and children...since you didn't exactly tell us we couldn't. If you'd like us to return your call, leave your name, number and capital city undefended at the sound of the tone. Thank you for calling!"

#3 RegentMan:

History repeats itself? Actually, this is the first time something like this has happened in one of these games: GCA not invading a neighbor, but instead being on the receiving end! 'Those who don't learn from history are doomed to repeat it,' after all. We knew that a GCA-invasion was down the road; we just decided to skip the hoop-hopping and lawyeresque betrayal GCA was due to do. And since GCA is in such proximity to mighty CFC, we knew you'd be coming sooner rather than later (look at your offensive placement of Hawk of Chiron compared to our city of Victory).

Good luck on the battlefield,
Team CFC

Feel free to post an alternative if you find all of these to be sub par ;)

#4 dutchfire:
Talk to the axe!

...you know RM, isn't this CH's responsibility? It seems far more likely to fall under the jurisdiction of Foreign Minister than Domestic.

Dear Catcherites,
What treaty did we ever have with you? We do not know of any treaty. The matter of this is that only three out of the seven teams have to advance and we choose your team, since it is our closest team and we saw that the boarders would clash and thus we had to do something about it. It is just the nature of the beast. You were just in the wrong place for this to happen. Things cannot go the way that you always want and one thing about these types of games is that anything can happen.

History repeats itself? Actually, this is the first time something like this has happened in one of these games: GCA not invading a neighbor, but instead being on the receiving end! 'Those who don't learn from history are doomed to repeat it,' after all. We knew that a GCA-invasion was down the road; we just decided to skip the hoop-hopping and lawyeresque betrayal GCA was due to do. And since GCA is in such proximity to mighty CFC, we knew you'd be coming sooner rather than later (look at your offensive placement of Hawk of Chiron compared to our city of Victory).

Team CFC

I would like to see the combination of mine and RM's being used as the final letter.

Technically it was us that did the offensive placing, but we need to make them feel that they did the wrong.
@ Nylan, I really don't have the time to be Foriegn minister, but I could go out with a bang by sending the eventual letter to GCA.

I support CH's combo, though I'd replace the "Good luck" with something more aggresive.

something like something like "Give our regards to your women and children, we'll be the last thing they ever see"? :mischief:

I would like to see the combination of mine and RM's being used as the final letter.
Hmmm, it just doesn't flow for me. The first paragraph is more of a gentleman's explanation, whereas the second one is more cocky.

Technically it was us that did the offensive placing, but we need to make them feel that they did the wrong.
Beauty's in the eye of the beholder... :mischief:

Well we are addressing the two issues that they brought up. They first talked about history, so perhaps it is best that we have your paragraph first and then mine since they brought up a bit about a treaty, so we need to explain that we had no treaty with them.
Dear Catcherites,

Also what treaty did we ever have with you? We do not know of any treaty. The matter of this is that only three out of the seven teams have to advance and we choose your team, since it is our closest team and we saw that the borders would clash and thus we had to do something about it. It is just the nature of the beast. You were just in the wrong place for this to happen. Things cannot go the way that you always want and one thing about these types of games is that anything can happen.

Team CFC

The my paragraph seems to follow yours since we need to get on the offensive for awhile and then we just scale back the tone to show that we do not have broken anything and that we are indeed honourable players.

Then in the main forum we need to point out that it was only a matter of time before they kept their tradition of betrayal and hit us.

Also bring up the idiocy regarding the open borders agreement and their manipulation

brilliant! :D

The comment about history repeating itself should just have been ignored. I don't understand why GCA betrayal keeps being brought up. I read the old forum and all I can see is that 3 years ago one of their members cheated. Most of the people on both teams were not involved in that game so please lets not make this into the Hatfields vs. McCoys.

There will be an ISDG after this one ends so lets play with that in mind and preserve a reputation of sportsmanship that we CFCers can all be proud of.

I don't think that it is, but if an exchange of insulting diplo erupts in a flame war I hope CFC will not take the bait.

The best response to such behavior is to simply beat them...in the game I mean.

I don't understand why GCA betrayal keeps being brought up. I read the old forum and all I can see is that 3 years ago one of their members cheated.
That was CBR. GCA invaded us in the MSDG, and then invaded CDZ in the [c3c] ISDG. Them getting all offended at us invading them made me laugh, hence my reply to them.

But ignoring it pubically is a-okay with me.

Top Bottom