Guess what the next civ to be revealed will be!

So, the next civ will be

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
All we know is that we have scored one victory for Southeast Asia in general, for all of us wanting a Southeast Asian civ.

Absolutely. I have to confess that the Khmer Empire is my own pet choice, but that's not because I don't want the others in. I actively want Indonesia to be represented in some form (preferably the Majapahit, but at this point I'd even take Indonesia under Suharto), because it's a region highly conspicuous by its absence. I'd be quite pleased about Vietnam as long as it wasn't a gimmicky "the Vietnam War is the only interesting thing that ever happened there" civ. But whoever this turns out to be, I'm quite happy just to get another civ from one of the most chronically underrepresented regions in the franchise.

Absolutely. I have to confess that the Khmer Empire is my own pet choice, but that's not because I don't want the others in. I actively want Indonesia to be represented in some form (preferably the Majapahit, but at this point I'd even take Indonesia under Suharto), because it's a region highly conspicuous by its absence. I'd be quite pleased about Vietnam as long as it wasn't a gimmicky "the Vietnam War is the only interesting thing that ever happened there" civ. But whoever this turns out to be, I'm quite happy just to get another civ from one of the most chronically underrepresented regions in the franchise.

Amen to this

Amen to this as well. My pet civ is Vietnam (so long as not everything about it is Vietnam War), but Indonesia's great as well, Burma would be cool and totally unexpected, and I'd even welcome the Khmer back into the game.

Unless if it turns out to be the Cholas or Tamils. But that'd a victory for those of us not wanting an India blob civ? :mischief:

More stuff for Vietnam, cross-posted from the other thread:

To play devil's advocate for Vietnam, here's a pic of a medieval Vietnamese general/king:

Spoiler :

Again, it's not a 100% match, but I can see how the headpiece could be the one the guy in the hint is wearing. I could conceivably see it as a Chinese-style headgear to keep the hair together. Add to that the fact that it wouldn't be entirely implausible to have a Vietnamese ruler running around half-naked, particularly earlier ones (the Vietnamese only adopted completely Chinese-style clothes until the early modern era, and even nowadays there's remnants of the old SE Asian style).

As for the building, I don't think it's clear enough to say it's really an Indonesia building. Could just be a stilted house or something at a weird angle, which would be Vietnamese or other SE Asian groups.

Of course, I still think it's Indonesia. But just playing devil's advocate here.

Raden wears a crown. And Mada is fat. The image matches neither of these typical depictions.

Well keep in mind these silhouettes are of the leader icons, which are caricatures of the leader screens, which are caricatures based on internet images. Nothing's going to match up.:p

Majapahit has been a fan favorate for a while, often scoring top of the polls. Firaxis mentioned that they were catering to some highly requested civs in this version, and no civ was more highly requested than Majapahit.

So its mostlikely Indonesia or Majapahit, over other, left field suggestions

Assyria
Brazil
Majapahit/Indonesia
Morocco

Poland
Portugal
EMPTY
EMPTY
Zulu

If thats the case, what will fill in the other gaps? Venice, Vietnam, Souix, Tuscany? The other popular European civ, Hungry is out. As would be Italy.

I've been thinking... and the image actually is fat, and muscley... It just wasn't so clear... but look well

This is the image:

And... this is the silhoutte I see as rather fat

So... I'd defintively bet for Mada now... (which sadly means, no Inuit this time hehe)

I love how this discussion has just gone from him being "the manliest of men" to "fatty boombah".

What if the first one shown is actually Marco Polo(Even do he wasn't a leader) of Venice and he is dressed in a garb from a Silk Road civ?

I love how this discussion has just gone from him being "the manliest of men" to "fatty boombah".

He would still give both Kamehameha and Ashurbanipal a good match, mind you... Having some extra meat actually helps :D

I've been thinking... and the image actually is fat, and muscley... It just wasn't so clear... but look well

This is the image:

And... this is the silhoutte I see as rather fat

So... I'd defintively bet for Mada now... (which sadly means, no Inuit this time hehe)

:lol: I'm laughing so hard right now. Flabby Mata FTW.

Brighter image:

The body is lean.

Well, out of my obviously exaggerated image... The body isn't lean... There's a bit of light that shows its stomach (although at first glance it looks like his arm because of the lack of detail by now)... Look well...

Well, out of my obviously exaggerated image... The body isn't lean... There's a bit of light that shows its stomach (although at first glance it looks like his arm because of the lack of detail by now)... Look well...

There could be truth to your analysis. We'll find out tomorrow. It was just that flabby drawing image on him that killed me. It made be think of Buu on DBZ or a Sumo wrestler.

Also his face has distinct jawbones. I would imagine his face would be fatter.

well it does seam 2K did a better job of hiding this leader's face after our photoshop tricks yesterday

Wild speculation to follow. Could the latest image be Burma? Haven't heard anyone mention them yet. I mean its prolly Indonesia but Burma would fit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom