New Featurette

Status
Not open for further replies.
Now we have barbarian Tomahawks and barbarian Battleships.
Anybody willing on theorize over that? You get a cookie for creativity

Hmmm...Alright.

The last Civ is a barbarian/pirate/indian/nomad Civ (not sure who a leader would be, lots of possibilities.) They kind of act as a villain of the trade routes, and get money for intercepting and destroying caravans and cargo ships. They are able to enter other nations borders from the start (thus making it easier to destroy the caravans)

They already advance of their own accord. Pikemen tend to come about very often and i've seen riflemen spawn at camps before.

I think i've only ever seen melee barbarians later in game though.

I've also seen barbarian caravels.

I know they advance a few promotions already Candy.....I specifically said "Maybe barbarian units actually advance in later era's now" which I meant, and failed to convey, as late game specifically. The island full of brutes, archers and galleys comment was a bit of a joke (maybe I should have used a smiley).

An island for of barbarian machine guns and battleships would be advancement from barbs that I don't think we've seen so far in this version of series. (I stop playing at Large maps though, maybe Huge map players have seen battleships before).

Was thinking of a simple idea, instead of going with something like post above mine :) (Welcome to the forums Tahiti !)

I know they advance a few promotions already Candy.....I specifically said "Maybe barbarian units actually advance in later era's now" as in battleships instead of caravels at best. The island full of brutes, archers and galleys comment was a bit of a joke (maybe I should have used a smiley).

An island for of barbarian machine guns and battleships would be advancement from barbs that I don't think we've seen so far in the series. (I stop playing at Large maps though, maybe Huge map players have seen battleships before).

I edited my comment afterwards having realised what you meant :)

Well, there's definitely a Zoo there. And if I'm not mistaken, it uses the Theater icon.

It seems these features have been made with pretty old builds. In a later build they already had a new icon for the zoo.

Did anyone notice that the "barbarian ships" were attacking during the city-states turn rather than the barbarian turn? what does this mean?

Btw are those certainly barbarian battleships. (1:11) It says "Your Nau was bombarded by an enemy battleship". Shouldnt it say "Your Nau was bombarded by an barbarian battleship" if it was barbarians?

OR maybe they opened up the editor and plopped down some boats so they could demonstrate to people what it looked like seeing trade routes being attacked.

Now we have barbarian Tomahawks and barbarian Battleships.
Anybody willing on theorize over that? You get a cookie for creativity

I guess this is the revolt that we have been talking about from ideology. Two barbarian battleship near a city is very uncommon. And the city must be very upset due to tourism pressure and decides to spawn barbarian hordes near the city to protest.

Does this mean you can play as barbarian city state? What the heck are they up to?

OR maybe they opened up the editor and plopped down some boats so they could demonstrate to people what it looked like seeing trade routes being attacked.

That's a nau (caravel) being attacked, not a trade ship.

Or maybe the ' reformation' converted barbarian ship :eek:?

This is how I read it.

I don't think there's much more in it than that. I'm sure I've seen barbarian battleships in a game before - I've definitely seen a barbarian Mech. Inf. before. You just have to leave barb camps alive long enough, or play a late-era start...

Btw are those certainly barbarian battleships. (1:11) It says "Your Nau was bombarded by an enemy battleship". Shouldnt it say "Your Nau was bombarded by an barbarian battleship" if it was barbarians?

I'm pretty sure it always says enemy...But the fact that there are two barbarian battle ships blocking a city makes me think that they are acting as a blockade. 1) I play only huge maps and have made it to the future era and have NEVER seen a Barbarian Battleship and 2) Blocking an important city of trade would make sense.From what we know right now, the only way to interupt other Civ's trade routes are to delcare war on them or to just hope barbarians do a little damage to the caravans. What if there was a Civ that specialized in interrupting trade? Maybe that's the "hyercube" civ.

It is still pretty weird that these "barbarian" battleships are attacking at city states turn.

I guess this is the revolt that we have been talking about from ideology. Two barbarian battleship near a city is very uncommon. And the city must be very upset due to tourism pressure and decides to spawn barbarian hordes near the city to protest.

This is very probable. I had a Revolt in a recent game when i accidentaly accepted a peace treaty that flipped 7 cities to my side and send my happiness to the abyss. A bunch of "barbs" (Black and red) Riflemen and Cannons appeared near my capital. I assume it can happen with Battleships if you are in a more advanced era.

It is still pretty weird that these "barbarian" battleships are attacking at city states turn.

Animations rarely take place on the 'allotted' turn icon that switches between the players/AIs. There is usually either a slight delay, or the animation takes place beforehand since the values have already been determined.

Btw at 0:43 there is a new icon at Lisbon. I believe its modern icon for modern cargo ship.

It always says 'enemy' regardless whether or not the unit is a barbarian or another player.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom