The Five-Finger Discount

DBear

unbeliever
What exactly are the chances to get away with stealing tech at the various levels?

I ask this because in my latest game, I saved up to do it "Safely" and still got caught. To me, safely means SAFELY, i.e. not getting caught. :mad:

(edited: Never mind, found the strategy article. Bad RNG :gripe: )

There's been a lot of discussion about this. The main point being: considering costs and probabilities of success, the fastest mode gives you the best bang for your buck.

It would be nice if they just told us the odds instead of the vague safely, moderate, and risky. I personally steer away from doing intel missions till I have lots of dough to avoid this.

im like a noobie and i play at pretty low levels of difficulty. what is stealing a tech? :confused:

vikingruler said:
im like a noobie and i play at pretty low levels of difficulty. what is stealing a tech? :confused:
You can steal techs from another civ provided you have an embassy. On the main map, just click the little star next to your capital's name...

vikingruler said:
Its not as valuable at low difficulty where you can out research the AI anyway. But at high levels, it may be the only way to keep up.

morchuflex said:
You can steal techs from another civ provided you have an embassy. On the main map, just click the little star next to your capital's name...

Yes, or you can right-click on the city where you have the Intelligence agency (mini-wonder) built and choose conduct espionage. And to establish an Embasy, right-click on your capital, or the city with the IntAgency. :goodjob:

morchuflex said:

oh, thanks :)

Top Bottom