cannot load file ;'#$)(&\*&(^ error, does anyone know what file it is?

weimingshi

Prince
During my game sometimes a message pops up in the upper left message window: "cannot load file @)()&$ \ )*)$*)&"

It has happened quite a few times and the unreadable symboles are different each time it pops up. This doesn't seem to affect anything game wise, I was able to keep playing. But still does anyone know what the hell is this file????

weimingshi said:
During my game sometimes a message pops up in the upper left message window: "cannot load file @)()&$ \ )*)$*)&"

Some hours ago I experienced this error for the first time. Happened when I built the Oracle and got to choose a free tech (chose Theology). Under which circumstances did the error occur in your games?

it occured to me a dozen times, and all at random timings. it even occured to me when I was in the middle of my turn. once it occured when I was stirring at the map trying to figure out how to use the 4k gold I got from great merchant, I wasnt doing anything special just hoover over cities and units to check stats and suddenly the "cannot load file ()&(^)(^)(" message appeared. So it has nothing to do with a building been finished or whatnot

On a different subject, it seems the sound file for oracle wonder is broken or is it sistine chapel? anyway 1 of those 2 wonders sound file cannot load.

This happened to me the other night and it the ony time I've seen it so far.

I've also see a few times after finishing a wonder, that is says it can't find the file (for example: sounds\building\hanginggarden). What I found when I looked around was there was no hangginggarden sound in the \assets\sounds\building directory but there was a hanginggarden.wav sound file in the \Assets\Sounds\Resouces and Improvements directory. After copying that file to the building directory I haven't got the error....I did the same with the Hoover Dam wonder sound in the "Resouces and Improvements" directory.

Hmmm and something I just noticed, "Resouces" is spelled wrong. Wonder if the installer did that on purpose....but as I'm manually playing the wavs in that directory, I don't recall ever hearing any of them in game. think I'll create a new directory, spelling resources correctly and see if I start hearing these sounds.

I had this problem, but it didn't impact game play.

Top Bottom