Why are you here?

Do you have something against Poland Greeneyedzombie? :>

And how much better they are then Poland.
I am very curious from which country you are and have you ever visited Poland. If not that's not the nicest of things you can say about this country.

I have nothing against poland. I just noticed how upset they seem to be they are not in the game. It was more meant as a joke, I appologize if I offended anyone.
And family of my brother is polish, so I defanitly need to go there one day.

You guys do such a good job of providing feedback, helping playtest, give ideas and really smooth out the edges of FfH that it makes me wonder why Firaxis doesn't involve more community members. Or at least post directly on the forums more often.

But then I went and read the BtS forum. :confused: It really makes me appreciate the community we have built up here in the FfH forum. Those people in the BtS forum are crazy!

Heh, I should start my thread about 'why Croatia isn't in, we had strong kingdom in middle ages... blah'
I'm just surprised how much people can rant about why one civ is in and one isn't (some even want to kick Korea out because they don't think it's suitable enough!) when that isn't really what makes game better or worse. As long as I find my suitable trait combo and satisfying UU I don't care what civ is in or what isn't. They all play the same in vanilla civ anyway ;)
And they can argue themselves to blood about why there isn't swastika Nazi flag as German flag in WW2 scenario, why is HRE in game, why is Boudica a leader, why there is no Poland (BTW I never been there but I met some really cool Poles last summer, from Breslau/Wroclaw)
There are obvious reasons why swastika flag isn't in. Yet they can't accept developers decision and want historical accuracy. And if you say 'its only a game' they say 'lets have Alien leaders etc. it's just a game' I sometimes wonder are they so asocial and complaining in real life as well :(

I feel left out... I need something to complain about, too.

"Hey, why does America only get one civilization? We're worth, like, three other civs, so they ought to have America 1800, America 1900, and America 2000 as three seperate, distinct civilizations with two leaders and a unique unit each!"

You guys do such a good job of providing feedback, helping playtest, give ideas and really smooth out the edges of FfH
Being a newcomer who intends to bring himself more in as kind of a thank you for such a wonderful game I would appreciate to get some information how and where such a help is useful.

E.g. the Malakim history with an elf as leader sounds not very even, there are very few desert specific pros (e.g. advantage of founding a Malakim city inside a desert), very few female heros or units (eg an amazone as archer for the elven or a siren at the coast etc. would be nice, both for girls and boys) etc. Makes it sense do develop such ideas and how to implement these professionally? Just writing in the wiki? I prefer to agree upon first and then act in a common sense as part of team. Where is such an information and how to communicate it best?

"Hey, why does America only get one civilization? We're worth, like, three other civs, so they ought to have America 1800, America 1900, and America 2000 as three seperate, distinct civilizations with two leaders and a unique unit each!"
I am worried to find such posts here in a FfH forum. They do not fit for several reasons. Regarding history over 4000 years there are so many interesting and important civs lasting for many centuries. So let's forget nationalism. Finally. I cannot stand sayings such as "We're worth". :mad: Who takes the right for it??

I know many people in Europe and Asia asking if there is even any. They think so seriously. ;) But be sure not all of them. Civilization can be defined in different ways.:rolleyes: And this cannot be a theme here for us (FfH). See below.

And not using Symbols with a tragic or political background is important in a worldwide game. Nobody shall be e.g. offended. Taking Stalin as leader in vanilla Civ is not amusing and is definitely not OK, regarding a >30 million proven death toll in Russia. It is to near to our historical time.

The ancient China, Sumer, Mongolia, Egypt, the Hetiths, Persia, the many German tribes fighting and finally overrunning the Romans for several centuries, Romans against Karthago, the Arabs, the Red Indians (savanne, Inca, Actecs), the Malays, the medieval Japan, Osmans (Turcs), the Scots, the fight between the French and English in North America, the Hundred Year War in France, Europa against Asia (Huns, Magyars, Mongols, Arabs, Turcs) lasted for >1500 years... And whole Africa? The Eskimos? The Aborigines? Etc. etc. Only look at Europe: >2000 years of struggle with so many total different civs. Portugal was mighty for some centuries, Sweden too, Poland for some time, the Hanse locally and economically, the Magyars until they joined the Austrian empire (1272 - 1918), the development of France ... So many reigns were historically very important and lasted for many centuries. So many scenarios for a game such as Civ.

Let's look globally and in historical dimensions. In our time we all should have overcome this nasty nationalism. It already has let to several 100 millions of deaths. Being proud about one own's nation is OK, but needs tolerance for all others as well. It also includes knowledge and respect of the others. And definitely has no place in such a wonderful game such as FfH.

And fantasy civs make much more fun. Therefore let's discuss and develop FfH together, even if it is not easy to make it noticeable better as it already is.

I'm here because the wiki page is down. The Clan has just declared war on me, but I have a slew of nasty ships to keep them off my many isles. I don't have enough mana nodes to build all the towers; the big continent where everyone else is huddling together is teeming with troops so i don't want to land there. I'm not generating any great prophets which I *think* is what's needed to build the Altars. So, um, could someone explain how religious influence is measured? I'm occupying the holy city of everyone else's state religion, but the influence on F8 is only 37%.

Fall from Heaven: Age of Ice (now includes Beyond the Sword)
Hehe, indeed! This mod is a dream come through! Finally getting rid of the realism bug... :)

Im not 100% sure how Religious influence is measured but if your religion is in every city in the world you got 100% influence if NO OTHER religion is present. If all religions are present in every city (except the cult) it would have 20% influence.

IIRC, Religious influence depends on the size of the cities that have the various religions. So it doesn't matter that you have all the holy cities, it matters if as many large cities as possible have only the religion of your choice in them. You could try razing the enemy cities that don't have your religion, or using some Inquisitors, or adopt Theocracy to stop any further spread of non-state religions, or build Purge of the Unfaithful.

Ah, thank you for the pointers. I've farmed and upgraded quite a few werewolves, so I think I may be able to withstand the initial storm after a landing now.

Transylvania.

Transylvania definitely deserves inclusion. Like, even more so than Rome.

:wallbash:

This is what I posted in thread, motivated by one post:
sennomulo said:
I am extremely upset at Firaxis' continued refusal to add the following important civs: Liechtenstein, Vatican City, Barbados, Scientist in Antarctica, Disputed Territory, Sealand, the Weimar Republic, the German Confederation, the Third Reich, West Germany, East Germany, the Unholy Roman Empire, Prussia, Deutschland and the Free City of Danzig.

I'm sure 3 days after BtS releases you will have dozens of mods for Poland and other civs. I personally don't see any difference whether civ I play except trait combos and UU and UB. I don't care what languages units will speak when I click on them or about flag. We could have every culture ever exiting in the world in and game wouldn't be any better or worse, it is game mechanics that make game better or worse.

In addition to sennomulo great list of missing civs I would add:

Liburni
Tannu Tuva
Free City of Dubrovnik/Republic of Ragusa
Croatia!!!
N.W.A. (Led by Ice Cube - Aggressive/Charismatic)

Top Bottom