FfH2 Bug Thread

I meant open the console and run the command "python YOURFILE" (of course you need python 2 installed), replacing YOURFILE with the file you want to test. If you have syntax errors, python will report them. If you don't, it'll just say it can't import CvPythonExtensions, which is fine, because these are only available in-game.

hey there, I've run into a game-stopping crash in the Splintered Court scenario. i don't think it's scenario related since I'm sure many people have completed it.

On turn 254 I crash no matter what. Is it the AI doing something silly like summoning 400 tigers?

If someone thinks they can help me out I can upload a couple of saves. I really dont want to lose this game as I've set up a dark forest of doom inside my borders and I'm really enjoying the game.
Thanks in advance.

I've been having an issue with the sound in FfH2, or more specifically the entire lack of it. When I open Civ 4 BtS the sounds are normal, but when I switch over to FfH2 there is no sound at all. I've fiddled with the sound settings from the FfH2 main screen and nothing has changed. The graphics and such still work fine and I haven't noticed anything odd there. Doing a search within this thread for stuff like "sound" and "audio" has turned up nothing along these lines.

Could I get some suggestions on what might cause this issue, and what might fix it?

Kael said that the Gambling Ring resolution should reduce the cost of Gambling houses by 75%, but it actually only reduced it to 50% of its normal cost.

I think that Kael assumed that iCostMod under def getBuildingCostMod(self, argsList): is supposed to be the new cost of the building, but my test shows that it is pretty clearly the percentage of the original cost that the new cost will be.

Where he uses
Code:
	def getBuildingCostMod(self, argsList):
		iPlayer, iCityID, iBuilding = argsList
		pPlayer = gc.getPlayer(iPlayer)
		pCity = pPlayer.getCity(iCityID)

iCostMod = -1 # Any value > 0 will be used

if iBuilding == gc.getInfoTypeForString('BUILDING_GAMBLING_HOUSE'):
			if pPlayer.isGamblingRing():
				[COLOR="Red"]iCostMod = gc.getBuildingInfo(iBuilding).getProductionCost() / 4[/COLOR]

return iCostMod
He probably should have used
Code:
	def getBuildingCostMod(self, argsList):
		iPlayer, iCityID, iBuilding = argsList
		pPlayer = gc.getPlayer(iPlayer)
		pCity = pPlayer.getCity(iCityID)

iCostMod = -1 # Any value > 0 will be used

if iBuilding == gc.getInfoTypeForString('BUILDING_GAMBLING_HOUSE'):
			if pPlayer.isGamblingRing():
				[COLOR="Red"]iCostMod = 25[/COLOR]

return iCostMod

If Gambling Houses had a default cost of 100 tn the code would be equivalent, but that cost is 200 instead so the Undercouncil resolution's effect is only half as great as I assume it was intended to be.

Hi all!
I have installed the latest game with the latest patch, and FFH2 with More Naval AI, both with latest patches.
When playing with the Calabim, I sometimes get negative hammer production in my cities where the governor's manor is present. Is there any way to fix this?

Hi there

no mods start from me apart from the ones that come with the game and dune for some reason :(
In the case fall from heaven 2 it just gives the thinking symbol on the mouse and then nothing happens when i try and open it
I am running windows 7 I have patch 3.19 and the patch to this mod (patch "o"). I have the mod in the correct place (program files 86/2K games/Firaxis games/Sid Meier's Civilization 4 complete/Beyond the Sword/Mods

I'm at a wits end :(

''program files x86'' folders has attitude of read-only, this causes problems sometimes in other games, may be this could be the problem. but it works fine in my folder so I'm not sure at all.
try to copy the game folder to another folder

1. To become an archmage, along with having the proper level, you must have researched Strength of Will, must have reagents, must have enough money to pay for the upgrade, and must be in your territory connected to a mage guild. I suspect one of these has gone wrong. As a_civilian indicated, people often forget they need reagents.

Best wishes,

Breunor

I have a problem upgrade my casters. Sometimes the upgrade button doesn't appear when all these conditions ARE met. I was able to upgrade a few of them but not the others. In my games some times they can upgrade and some times they cant. I have played with different civs and have the same problem. Its really aggravating slowly building up a game and then having to start over because of this bug. I have the patch O installed.

I really like this mod and thanks for taking all the time to make it. It's only one of two mods that I really like for civilization, the other being the Ancient Mediterranean.

Genghis, take a screenshot next time you have the problem so that we can try and work out what's wrong.

You can't have more than 4 national units in some advanced units like archmages, paladins, eidolons etc.

damn, yeah that is it. I make mages by the dozen and only 4 can upgrade. Sad.

Thanks

Yes and no. Especially if you spam mages, you can upgrade 4 archmages to liches (they need Death3), and then upgrade 4 more mages to archmages. Also, there are the caster hero units, like Gibbon, who operate like archmages. If I remember correctly, it's possible to have, at most, 3 of those, raising your total to 11 archmage-ish units. RAWR!

And as an aside, if you're playing as the Amurites, you can also have Govannon teach spells to your 4 high priests, making for an extra 4 archmage-level casters.

Just downloaded FfH2 today (for the second time, I had it before on my old computer), and the main game works fine, but when I attempt to open the scenarios I get the same error every time: failed to read worldbuilder file "mods\fall from heaven 2\privatemaps\fall from heaven ii scenarios.civbeyondswordwbsave". What should I do to sort this, it is really the scenarios I wanted to play.

Which way are you trying to open the scenarios?

For some reason, Kael chose to place the scenario world builder saves in "Mods\Fall from Heaven 2\Assets\XML\Scenarios" instead of the standard "Mods\Fall from Heaven 2\PrivateMaps."

He created a special screen from which to access the scenarios while in the middle of a game. This screen associates certain text and pictures with the scenarios, and using the trophy system to make certain scenarios prerequisites to others. Most of the Decius-related scenarios actually come in two versions which are saved in separate files. The scenario screen uses trophies to determine which one of these should be unlocked.

When Kael learned that handling things this way often lead to gameoptions getting carried over from a previous game into a scenario, he created a dummy scenario (which was placed in "Mods\Fall from Heaven 2\PrivateMaps") intended to prevent that bleed through. It should trigger the opening on the scenario screen as soon as it loads.

Frankly, the scenario screen never worked very well. There have been all kinds of bugs with it, which are not all consistent between different machines or operating systems. I prefer to avoid it entirely.

It should work fine if you try to open the scenarios directly. To do this, simply open the "Mods\Fall from Heaven 2\Assets\XML\Scenarios" folder and locate the scenario file you wan to play, and then double click it. Note that Civ IV should not be running before you do this. Opening the file should open the program and take you to the proper screen to begin playing.

I personally prefer to move all of the scenario files into "Mods\Fall from Heaven 2\PrivateMaps," so that they can be opened from within the game using the standard "Play a Scenario" or "Custom Scenario" menus. The later will let you adjust the game speed, difficulty, etc. Some custom game options, like "All Unique Features" or "No Unique Features," will not have any effect since those are already placed on the map.

I was trying to open them from the privatemaps folder, however, it doesn't seem to make any difference which way I attempt to open them :/ As per your advice I first tried moving each individual scenario from assets\XML\scenarios to the privatemaps folder instead, so as to be able to open them from the Custom Scenario menu. I received a similar error to the first, though it still moved onto the screen where I can change the game speed, when I pressed launch though the game crashed. So I proceeded to try and open them directly from the Scenario file in assets\XML and received almost exactly the same error telling me that the wb save could not be opened, the only differences in the errors are the file locations.

but unlike RFC OMG thread, where else to show this?

This was the first map I generated on selecting settings large, erebus, random good leader, random opponents, living world, wildlands, blessing, last days. Admittedly the bonuses/animals/events are increased but this is crazy.
Spoiler :

Next question is where to settle? To the east to get the cow, sacrifices lots of cottages built on 2C silks. Moving west for river front puts more mountains in the BFC.

Why would you want cow? Slavery is very late and as you took random good leader I'm not expecting you to go for it anyway.

1W or 1SW looks nice.

@Folket- thank you;)
I agree 1SW, despite not being on water, seems better than 1W on water but 4 peaks in BFC.

Top Bottom