Anyone up for a multiplayer game?

smana

Chieftain
Hello. There don't tend to be games of FFH online casually. Does anyone want to play a game online sometime?

They're pretty rare these days, because they take a huge amount of time mostly. Normally I'd invite you to the games I play but, at the moment we are all too busy with work to get a regular thing going. I'd recommend trying to get some friends together.

There's also a PBEM community that AFAIK still plays games semi regularly. Here's the URL:

http://realmsbeyond.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=23

There's pretty well always a PBEM or four going on at RB, in fact, one has just started. If you're interested in strategy or just good game writing I recommend you check out the threads there, they're very good.

Check out the RB Forums, linked to above- Lord Parkin has currently proposed two games, an all-human PBEM and a Humans vs. AI Pitboss, both of which only need a couple more players to run. Our community will eagerly accept and & all players, regardless of skill :)

I registered there and made a post reply to Lord Parkin's thread. I hope people there help out with newcomers to MP/PBEM games, because I, for sure, need some help to figure out how things work and so on :)

If you report/ask questions, then most definitely. In fact, I would be willing to dedlurk you if you want.

That would be awesome, probably would help me get involved much better! I assume "dedlurker" means that I am on your "team" in one of those games. Does that mean that I give you comments/feedback when the game goes on but I don't really play any turns?

Thanks already!

Pretty much, just the other way around. Basically, RB revolves around the concept of open reports of events, and lurking thereof. Dedicated lurking or dedlurking means to follow someone's thread exclusively, but is extended as this means they may freely give advice and assistance that other, global, lurkers would be barred from providing, essentially making them an extra team member. In this case, I'm offering to exclusively follow your thread in this game and basically be a member of your team, including subbing in for turns if necessary.

Oh yea, I misunderstood your earlier post, woops. :hammer2:

Sounds great, now all I need is new game. Hopefully one is started in some near future :)

btw, any idea how to get EitB shortcut? Atm I have to open "normal" Fall from Heaven and then load the mod.

btw, any idea how to get EitB shortcut? Atm I have to open "normal" Fall from Heaven and then load the mod.

Copy your "normal" Fall From Heaven shortcut. Rename the new version "EitB" or whatever you prefer.

Right click the shortcut and click "Properties". Under the "Shortcut" tab, make the following changes:

Target: "C:\Program Files (x86)\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Beyond the Sword\Civ4BeyondSword.exe" mod="Erebus in the Balance"

Start in: "C:\Program Files (x86)\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Beyond the Sword\Mods\Erebus in the Balance"

(If you have the Steam version, or otherwise have a different path to Sid Meier's Civilization 4, change the folders as necessary.)

Hope that helps. :)

Alternatively, download this. Actually, who am I kidding, download it anyway. Way more convenient, at least for anyone who plays around with more then one mod (i.e. pretty well anyone who plays FFH these days) and absolutely vital for modding.

Would anyone like to play a game when we can? Perhaps just a 2 player one where when both people are on we can play then save it then play again another time? I'm not too keen on playing by email :)

Please message me on Steam/Skype if you are interested!

Steam : TheAlphaTurkey

does the gamespy lobby even exist anymore? I thought it got changed to steam support or something. anyway last I've heard people who were having connection issues would use hamachi or similar software :)

yeah the gamespy lobby exists and we got a regular bts game to work. It seems that it is only ppl on STEAM that are affected, DVD players are ok. :)

However we are currently having trouble with finding ffh2 games...

Is there anywhere with instructions on hamachi for ffh2?

Top Bottom