Vaco Nunez de Balboa

chukandar

Chieftain
Am i the only one who think that he is too far in the founding father line and thus unusable.

Whats the use of +1 movement to scout ??

On Fairweather map there can be a lot of scouting. An extra +1 movement can be noticeable for scouts without explorerer 1. For smaller maps or scouts with explorerer 1the FF is of little use. I actually tried the FF once but I agree with you that it is very overpriced.

Maybe +2 for scouts or move the FF left on the chart. Even better replace it with a FF with something useful.

As a scouting bonus, it comes far too late. Currently, if you don't get right out there with scouts on your first couple return trips from Europe, the competing AI colonials will have already explored everything. I'm not sure what Dale has done, but it seems like the AI nations are much better at getting scouts out discovering stuff than in vanilla, or even earlier versions of AoD2.

Cheers, --- Wheldrake

I'm not sure what Dale has done, but it seems like the AI nations are much better at getting scouts out discovering stuff than in vanilla, or even earlier versions of AoD2.

I fixed it. ;)

Yes, in my opinion, he should be brought before the one show all treasures on the map guy.

Well i dont think that should be any later, if your scouting early then if its any further along that wouldnt be much use either i think.

As a scouting bonus, it comes far too late. Currently, if you don't get right out there with scouts on your first couple return trips from Europe, the competing AI colonials will have already explored everything. I'm not sure what Dale has done, but it seems like the AI nations are much better at getting scouts out discovering stuff than in vanilla, or even earlier versions of AoD2.

Cheers, --- Wheldrake

Theyre a bit hit and miss i find. Sometimes they'll be out and about, especially it seems to me if theyre on a diff continent to you. But other times ive discovered another nation and there are villages and ruins literally next to their borders which they havent even visited.

i think the bonus should be changed to reveal all the world map (like he was the first to see the pacific ocean) . It would add to the strategy to either get treasure revealing or wait for the whole map.

it could also be useful if the player hadn't had the time to explore all the world. In case your only ship was always sailing to Europe to bring back the immigrants.

Don't forget that will also give a massive EPs bonus. So I think revealing the whole map is not a good idea.

Most people negelect the fact you also get EPs by revealing fog tiles, which is another reason I like the treasures guy.

Top Bottom