Issue with AOD 1.10

ravennaux

Chieftain
After loading mod I find the native tribes have nothing in their dialog boxes.To escape I must hit esc,so no interaction is possible with natives. Has anyone experienced this and how can I fix this issue. Thank you

I have never had this result, I strongly suggest you re-install the mod in its own folder in a "mod" folder. It sounds like an installation problem.

Cheers, --- Wheldrake

I had this once before. Delete all AoD mod folders and reinstall the 1.10 from scratch.

haven't played in a while, felt the urge, downloaded 1.10 to the Mods directory with mod name AgeofDiscoveryII, fired it up, it loaded fine but when i select play a regular game or to play a scenario i get the 'send error report to micro$oft' dialog box and poof, game is gone. for kicks i rebooted and same thing....oh well...does anyone know where i can get previous versions? (last time i played i was playing with 1.07)

1.10 should work, I'd just try re-installing. I've never had this issue.

@Wheldrake,
it is 'Of', i misstyped in my post...sorry, but thanks

@craigdh,
how do you "re-install"? it's zip file and all i do is extract it to the Mod directory. nothing installs per se. the only thing i can think of related to that is i extracted 1.10 over what was already there which (as i said) was 1.07. i've extracted over every one of his other updates with no problems so i'm stymied.

@Wheldrake,
it is 'Of', i misstyped in my post...sorry, but thanks

@craigdh,
how do you "re-install"? it's zip file and all i do is extract it to the Mod directory. nothing installs per se. the only thing i can think of related to that is i extracted 1.10 over what was already there which (as i said) was 1.07. i've extracted over every one of his other updates with no problems so i'm stymied.

Usually, it is safer to delete the folder first, and then extract the new version.

What I do is rename the old AgeOfDiscoveryII folder, then make a clean install. If you're installing over the old, then there may be some old parasite hanging around that bolloxes things up.

Either delete the previous mod version, or rename the file "AgeOfDiscoveryII_v109" or similar, then install the new version by unzipping it to the mod directory as you suggested.

Also remember that you must patch the game - that's another potential source of problems.

Cheers, --- Wheldrake

did as you guys suggested (deleted and started over) and all is well...thanks!

@Wheldrake,
when you say "patch the game" do you mean the one, the only, the late patch 1.01f for the vanilla Col or is there an AODII patch of some sort?

@Wheldrake,
when you say "patch the game" do you mean the one, the only, the late patch 1.01f for the vanilla Col or is there an AODII patch of some sort?

Yeah, that's the one, the one and only official patch to the game. AoD2 has required that patch since... somewhere around v1.08, IIRC.

Good to hear it worked. Always make a clean install of mods.

Cheers, --- Wheldrake

@Wheldrake,

The vanilla patch. AoD from 1.08 (if memory serves) will not work without the patch.

Top Bottom