Request for Wildmana 8

Hello Tschuggi,
let nevertheless, other people play the 8th version, if they like it.
I like the new MoM 1.24 version also better.
After my actual game, I will also instal 1.3.

Greez Khazad

I'm having a really hard time learning all of the new game mechanics. I went straight from Vanilla FFH2 to MoM, so I've had to search out all of the changes to Fall Further, as well as the changes to WM, and finally the changes from WM to MoM. The sticky posts at the MoM forum are both out of date (the last post on the WM to MoM FAQ is from March 2011, and the last post on the Quick Start Guide is from January 2011). It's just a bit disorienting to read about Dark/Light/Elemental spellschools and then open the game to find Abjuration/Summoning/etc., so I've had to look at the different patch updates to get some picture of what's actually included in the latest version of the game.

I'm playing my first game as the Amurites, in order to really dive into the new mana system, and what I would find most helpful would be an easier way to learn about the different spell research options. If I want to compare the different combat auras, for example, I have to first go to the Abjuration tech tree window, memorize the different combat auras I can access through available research targets, go to the civilopedia "Effects" window, and then search for the combat auras amidst a large list of other effects. Looking up information on global enchantments, summons, and spells is similarly difficult. Can anyone help?

I'm having a really hard time learning all of the new game mechanics. I went straight from Vanilla FFH2 to MoM, so I've had to search out all of the changes to Fall Further, as well as the changes to WM, and finally the changes from WM to MoM. The sticky posts at the MoM forum are both out of date (the last post on the WM to MoM FAQ is from March 2011, and the last post on the Quick Start Guide is from January 2011). It's just a bit disorienting to read about Dark/Light/Elemental spellschools and then open the game to find Abjuration/Summoning/etc., so I've had to look at the different patch updates to get some picture of what's actually included in the latest version of the game.

I'm playing my first game as the Amurites, in order to really dive into the new mana system, and what I would find most helpful would be an easier way to learn about the different spell research options. If I want to compare the different combat auras, for example, I have to first go to the Abjuration tech tree window, memorize the different combat auras I can access through available research targets, go to the civilopedia "Effects" window, and then search for the combat auras amidst a large list of other effects. Looking up information on global enchantments, summons, and spells is similarly difficult. Can anyone help?

First: Welcome to MoM!!!
Second: Which version are you playing? Sephi is shooting betas and fixes and official releases faster than Lucky Luke his bullets...
Third: go to www.masterofmana.com, register and ask us the community. We are very helpful and like talking and answering way too much.
Fourth: atm, the beta and the official 1.3 release lacks a bit (...) of documentation and pedia entries, but, as above said, just post your question in the mom-forum.
Fifth: you can simply enter the spellresearch screen via clicking on the spell-research-bar (you'll find there the different spell schools and the spellresearch trees), works also for the enchantment bar (there you'll find summons, terraform rituals (friendly and hostile), global enchantments and miracles - btw, don't forget to cast the tribute to your god once you have researched and adopted a religion, this increases faith income and you do this via the miracles screen).

Greez,

Tschuggi

Sorry, the last known link for Wildmana 8 is in Megaupload. Since the site is down... well, I don't know who else have the file.

If you are a US citizen, you can use this case to show your congressmen/senator, that a uploading site is not equivalent with piracy. :)

megaupload is certainly not just an innocent site for modders to upload. the creators were heavily involved in uploading and not deleting pirating material.

Yeah. Regardless of what we may want to believe, the owners of MegaUpload WERE profitting from piracy. There's more than enough evidence to prove that.

There is a large difference between piracy (the majority of which is by people who never would have bought the content in the first place, rather than any kind of lost sales like the entertainment industry would claim), and those who actually make money off of it.

Would love to try MoM but the site is down...again :( Anyone have a link outside of masterofmana.com?

Thanks man, I tried this file and it gets about 90% done and starts spitting out error code:1393- File is corrupted. Should I re-download BTS from steam? Any thoughts are much appreciated, I bought CivIV and BTS just to play this mod:(

MoMana website is up again. You might want to post your problem with 1.3 mirror there for further technical assitance. For example, I do not know how to deal with Steam. Maybe Sephi, tesb or other players know how, and AFAIK, many of them visit civfanatics rarely.

I'm not able to pull up the forum or download the mod. Just the home page comes up. Are you able to get to the forum? Thanks a lot for the help!

esvath: Good to know, still no website love for me :( I'm running Google Chrome, nothing but error messages. Regarding the master of mana mirror you kindly provided: Finally got MoM installed and working properly, it looks awesome! the problem (I believe) was the length of the entry in the file registry with Steam. Vista 64 bit seems to have issues with really long and divided file systems that can cause problems. Solution: Uninstalled Steam and re-installed it under a shorter heading on my C drive. Moved over the steamapps folder (folder with all of the game info) to the new steam folder. Worked like a charm.

I'll be playing MoM all day, so I'll let you know how it goes. Any map or scenario recommendations?

Skydrake007 :
I don't know why you can't open the website, I find it running well with occasional error now and then :)

However, here are two mapscripts that Gekko pointed earlier. If you require technical advice on these maps, I hope Gekko can help you. I don't know much about maps :p

Attachments

• WorldOfErebus.rar
    44.3 KB · Views: 56
  • ErebusContinent.rar
    45.7 KB · Views: 43
New link. Before the government attacks it too...

Hey Sunn or others, is the download you provided the last official version and patch of WildMana? Also does it have the source code (I'm to lazy to look at the moment)? I never played WildMana before, and it seems to have the features I want. It's sad Sephi just abandoned it. :cry:

I want to create my own fantasy mod using FFH2 or one of its modmods as a base. I read the features of Fall Further, Orbis, RiFE, and WildMana (there's no way I would have time to play all of them). I decided WM was the best for me because it seemed to improve the AI the most and had a few other features I liked. Stability is also a very important factor in my choice.

Does WildMana have the best AI of the FFH modmods? How stable is WildMana (especially the version from Sunn)?

Spoiler :

Why I quickly decided I wouldn't use Master of Mana for my mod:
  • Still in the development phase... and all that implies. I need a more finalized and polished mod to work from.
  • Many features I wouldn't want in my fantasy mod.

Top Bottom