One city challenge

xXANGLOSAXONXx

Chieftain
Hi Fanatics, I'm in the tail end of my very first one city challenge playing as...... You guessed it my fav civ Carthage. I didn't know if I could attack a city without out taking it over till turn 300 or so, But America who is my neighbour since I founded Carthage declared war on me 3 separate time as I'm going for culture I got tired of being pushed back so I went on the offensive dropped NY then Hong Kong soon after, I wish I knew this earlier hahaha!. I also hated when I don't get Iron or oil around my city had to buy it from city states, but doing this One city challenge actually helped me a lot in figuring out which cities should build what. anyways whats your one city challenge like and what level you play I was on prince gonna go to king now.

I've done OCC with India because obviously. This was vanilla, so no idea how successful it would be now. I very much doubt a culture victory would be possible in BNW.

Although this answer is very short it is spot on.

Venice is built for OCC
as long as you get a good spot to build your city with access to the ocean then you are golden, as in you will be swimming in gold in no time.
Diplo victory is the easiest, culture is pretty easy too
make sure you bribe your neighbors to fight each other and you will be all set

I've done OCC with India because obviously. This was vanilla, so no idea how successful it would be now. I very much doubt a culture victory would be possible in BNW.

Actually, any civ going OCC (even with the advanced setting of OCC on to keep it pure) should be able to go Cultural Victory, even if you have to skip Great Library due to AI bonuses on Imortal+, going an OCC you are highly likely to build your capital enough to be able to handbuild Leaning Tower for the free GE for Globe for that theming bonus. Build Amphitheater, National Epic, and Heroic Epic (that's also more useful for an OCC) for storage for 2 more Works of Writing trading both to properly fill Oxford.
Uffizini is hand built. (Skip Sistine when going for Uffizini as there are very few turns in which you'd fill Sistine in this case due to both of these bonuses being same era with the same civ) Add Hermitage later, again swaping some around and you'll be fine for art. But still have the Museum. Louve can be built but to really use this there must be several artficat sties near you.
If you've completed Tradition, you can faith buy Effiel Tower upon using Oxford for early access to Radio.
A second faith bought GE can later be used for Broadway. (Great Musicans will spawn fast enough to still have plenty of future ones for tours)

India's bonuses towards a tourism victory on OCC will mostly come from the increased Golden Ages. The +2 tourism from their UB does get doubled by National Visitor Center.
In addition, India has a grassland bias and so tends towards taller cities. (But as an OCC you may be restarting a few extra times to ensure enough production)

Actually the main disadvantage to a pure OCC in BNW is no food cargo ships to your capital. Capitals can get huge when you run 3 food cargo routes to them.

Actually, any civ going OCC (even with the advanced setting of OCC on to keep it pure) should be able to go Cultural Victory, even if you have to skip Great Library due to AI bonuses on Imortal+, going an OCC you are highly likely to build your capital enough to be able to handbuild Leaning Tower for the free GE for Globe for that theming bonus. Build Amphitheater, National Epic, and Heroic Epic (that's also more useful for an OCC) for storage for 2 more Works of Writing trading both to properly fill Oxford.
Uffizini is hand built. (Skip Sistine when going for Uffizini as there are very few turns in which you'd fill Sistine in this case due to both of these bonuses being same era with the same civ) Add Hermitage later, again swaping some around and you'll be fine for art. But still have the Museum. Louve can be built but to really use this there must be several artficat sties near you.
If you've completed Tradition, you can faith buy Effiel Tower upon using Oxford for early access to Radio.
A second faith bought GE can later be used for Broadway. (Great Musicans will spawn fast enough to still have plenty of future ones for tours)

India's bonuses towards a tourism victory on OCC will mostly come from the increased Golden Ages. The +2 tourism from their UB does get doubled by National Visitor Center.
In addition, India has a grassland bias and so tends towards taller cities. (But as an OCC you may be restarting a few extra times to ensure enough production)

Actually the main disadvantage to a pure OCC in BNW is no food cargo ships to your capital. Capitals can get huge when you run 3 food cargo routes to them.

Oh? I read something recently that said cultural victory was impossible in OCC. It wasn't on this forum, certainly. BNW adds a bunch of new stuff I need to learn and I was no expert in vanilla for that matter.

I'm doing a BNW emperor OCC with Ethiopia right now. It's still early, but I'm going for a religion, lots of gold and then buy the city states for diplo win.

I was just about to ask this.

I'm going for a OCC Culture victory with Brazil right now. It's ridiculously difficult. I'm 0/5 on Emperor. Might have to step it down to King to get a handle on things. I either lose out on the wonders I need, or I get smashed by 5 simultaneous DOWs.

Top Bottom