Additional maps in the demo

apost8

Apostasy Enthusiast
If you are getting tired of this week's map in the demo, you can get a new map by changing the date your console's system clock is set to. I think you can get tomorrow maps by moving it forward a day, but you can also set it back a year, or whatever, and get other ones. This should help tide me over until the full game is released here.

It works on my 360. I was able to get several different maps today by changing the date. I don't know if you have to be disconnected from Live to change the date or not. (My 360 hasn't been connected today.)

I presumed because it seeds the random number generator differently based on the date. However, upon futher playing, it seems to be the same landmass, but with a different starting location and a different distribution of resources.

If you are connected, it *does* use the GOTW map generator to give you a new map each week.

I just posted this over at the official forum. Sid wanted me to tell you guys that the demo is using the Game of the Week algorithm to unlock a new map each week. Should help to pass the time until the release. :)

Today Sunday we have a new map in the demo, pretty nice btw.

Top Bottom