Post Galleon Naval transport

timcrewgreen

Chieftain
Hello, recently acquired this game for my DS. Just quickly, are there any naval units capable of transporting troops after the galleon. Seems strange if not...

yes there is. the cruiser and battleship can both transport units, i'm not sure if a submarine can though, i've never tried to load units onto a submarine.

no subs cannot transport

nor can they provide naval support and with a 2 move rate, virtually no defense and an attack only 2 higher than cruisers (and 10 less than battleships) are probably the most useless unit in the game

no subs cannot transport

nor can they provide naval support and with a 2 move rate, virtually no defense and an attack only 2 higher than cruisers (and 10 less than battleships) are probably the most useless unit in the game

<Koo lAid Guy bursts through wall>"Oh YEAH!"

no subs cannot transport

thanks for the info. you're totally right, sub's are really pointless.

no subs cannot transport

but if they had some kind of stealth ability, like undetectable unless they attacked, and then only detectable for 1 turn, they would be balanced and worth it.

To me, I just keep thinking that this is what the devs meant to do but never got around to it, and so ended up with a useless unit.

I never build subs, because I agree they are useless. But playing the devil's advocate here ...

Only use for subs I can think of .... I'm at work, so I cannot give you all the details....

They are cheap, so you could focus on making Fleets of them (as single units, they are especially useless) for some cheap naval power against early enemy cruisers, or some such strategy.

Top Bottom