Most defensible city ever?

So I heard you want most defensible city ever. I decided to dig out my old screenshots just to share it.

My Capital in this map is coastal one but it's not very easy one to assault by land, air, sea. I'll Just show the most hardest part of the map.

This is the entrance to the small bay where my capital is located, it's to the west.
And I could set down 2nd fortress onto the forested hex next to the desert just to make things inconvenient for the enemies. Meanwhile the current fortress has done it's magic against enemy ships during medieval - renaissance era. It was involved in three wars. Ai tried to brute force it's way through only to be cut up by the coastal fortress. While the Capital and other cities is constantly proving fresh reinforcements. XD

Spoiler :

The island Coastal Fortress is linked to sunblade city but it also have a fair sized garrison plus mountains/forested hills which will slow down the enemy greatly.

Sure, Just nuke it and all but whatever.

I was in progress of turning the huge sea you see into german sea. I Control all the major entrances and there is only two of them. I fully control one of them and other one is split between me and england.

If there was ever an impregnable naval target my Capital is it, and even that got threw into doubt after hiawatha lost several hundred warships against me in the war lol. Because if they wanted to smash it, they will have to force open three of six sea gates that I have. XD

Although if I ever come back and finish england off in this gods n kings save, the sea gate count will rise to seven.

While enduring constant harassment bombardment from my airforce. And constant fresh reinforcements from cities.

358 in unhappiness? :crazy eye: :confused: how, why?

And yeah, that city look like a well defended one. I had a similar set up once playing as England (with Germany as my closest neighbor...) and placed a citadel on a one hex island 3 hexes out side my capital. Placed a gatling gun there (with upgrades) and no one even got close to the city. Had artillery and SOTL (later battleships) to protect it as well.

Yeah, like johnny, I was going to say that your citizens don't seem terribly happy with your super-defensible city!

Well that's because its an modified gods n kings save, i was somewhere in 200+ happiness range or more and was in middle of golden age.. did u see it? XD

The save became broken after when I updated to brave new world which reset the gods n kings files back to default. SO hence the -358 unhappinesss plus golden age at same time..

Golden age of anarchy?!

Need some mountains! Mountains can be great early and mid-game for protection but not great for growth. In a recent game I played, Theodora's people were stuck in a valley and had faced a huge struggle early on

http://i.imgur.com/yzJJI8O.jpg

I love how everyone talks about "With X forces that city is toast!" umm yeah because he doesn't also have his units of his own!

Need some mountains! Mountains can be great early and mid-game for protection but not great for growth. In a recent game I played, Theodora's people were stuck in a valley and had faced a huge struggle early on

http://i.imgur.com/yzJJI8O.jpg

At least, she have Helm's Deep for her own capital XD

Top Bottom